Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Are people who sell firearms with "factory errors" crooked?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
:alien:Last week, I discovered my 325 TR lacked the logo on the right side of the frame. I called S&W Customer Service. When I gave the serial number to the lady attending to me, she looked it up, confirmed that it was a S&W Performance Center 325 TR, not the short barreled variant. Question: should I send it back to S&W for application of the TR logo; or, would it be more value as a factory error? Thanks for all of your expert advice.

·
Super Moderator
19,763 Posts
If S&W would agree to have it engraved with the TR logo (and pay for the shipping in both directions), send it in, otherwise don't bother.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You have an oddity. Whether it's worth more or less depends upon the individual. Personally I would prefer not to have the logo. It's a little too gaudy for me. But having a TR revolver without the logo... well by golly that would make me smile!

John

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I dont know how smith will react .. is it a defect in manufacturing and then should be repaired on their dime ??

But ... I would think not having it might hurt resale. If I were paying extra to buy cool unobtainium then I kind of want it to say "cool unobtainium" on it.

JMHO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boriqua and GearChecker, S&W will pay shipping both ways as well as put on the logo.

USSmanlovede36 and TimeTripper, would either of you be willing to pay a premium over the going rates for NIB with hang tags etc. for your dream S&W with a factory error such as this one?

Thanks all for your thoughts.
Ricardo :cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Boriqua and GearChecker, S&W will pay shipping both ways as well as put on the logo.

USSmanlovede36 and TimeTripper, would either of you be willing to pay a premium over the going rates for NIB with hang tags etc. for your dream S&W with a factory error such as this one?

Thanks all for your thoughts.
Ricardo :cool:
Awesome .. God for you and good on S&W FOR taking it seriously. I personally think it's a great outcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts