Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just picked up a beautiful little model 31 no dash (nickel) with a 3" barrel, can anyone tell me when it was made?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly like that. With a serial no. Can the year be determined...? I was born in 1959, and just wondering if me and the gun came to be in the same year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, the S/N is 6810XX. Why is it not a good idea to put the whole serial number online - maybe a stupid question, but I don't know the answer

John

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Beautiful gun! The nickel is alot shinier than mine! Are you sure thats a 3"? It looks like a 4" to me. Oh, and I'm not near my book to look up the date. As for why not to post all the serial #, some folks are nervous about that kind of thing, so we always say to block out the last two digits for security reasons.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
toroflow said:
Beautiful gun! The nickel is alot shinier than mine! Are you sure thats a 3"? It looks like a 4" to me. Oh, and I'm not near my book to look up the date. As for why not to post all the serial #, some folks are nervous about that kind of thing, so we always say to block out the last two digits for security reasons.
toroflow, Your right it is a 4". It is a pretty one too!!!!!

Leighton

1 - 9 of 9 Posts