Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a very good day for me at the Wickenburg Arizona Gun Show...........I found two S&W prize pieces.

Here's a very nice 4", 29-2 (1970) that's wearing rubbers. I'll dig through the grip/stock department and see what good looking furniture I can come up with (indeed, it deserves to be dressed up), although I do prefer shooting with this type of grip.

Yes, the Dash-2 is a premium (last or the P&R) and the price tag for this piece confirmed it...............However, I did a trade deal because I'm truly trying to reduce the size of my stable.

S&WModel29-2-4in_02.JPG

S&WModel29-2-4in_04.JPG

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's always a fun show, the times I visited I've always bought something! I hope your trade/buy was in your favor and I'm certain you'll adorn this gal with a fine harness! :)
Stacy, seems to me that a number of years ago you and I met for the first time at that show............

·
Registered
19,639 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition! Looks great but.....would change grips...but that's me:). Enjoy!:cool:

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
In fact, the last time I made it to the show, I was wavering about this possibility, but there was some 'Half Breed Injun' whispering in my ear, suggesting I REALLY should buy it because I'd driven so far, I'd hate to drive back empty handed, I was obviously an astrological 'Cancer' and "The Farmers Almanac" was calling for a wet winter... anyway, no pressure, I bought it and I'm happy today! In fact, I remember stopping on the way back to Glendale at a swap meet in the 'swill of Devil's spit', a place known as "Wittman AZ" and bought several boxes of great handgun ammo from some 'Meth Head' for a pittance, good times! :)

right.JPG

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill.
Good catch, fine looking shooting iron.
I had to scrub my trip up there, lack of sleep makes me a danger on the road.
Pic of my Model 29-2. Serial #S228XXX. This one has the fancy Coke Bottle by grips. It is an old banger shooter. Mostly 44 Special.
I had three of these, once. My friend, Scott bought the other 2. They were in very good condition.
[email protected]
We missed you today Bill.....................hope to see you soon amigo.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Great find very nice, you must of seen my post of the 4" 29-2 I got a couple of weeks ago and thought to yourself I must have one myself :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Today was a very good day for me at the Wickenburg Arizona Gun Show...........I found two S&W prize pieces.

Here's a very nice 4", 29-2 (1970) that's wearing rubbers. I'll dig through the grip/stock department and see what good looking furniture I can come up with (indeed, it deserves to be dressed up), although I do prefer shooting with this type of grip.

Yes, the Dash-2 is a premium (last or the P&R) and the price tag for this piece confirmed it...............However, I did a trade deal because I'm truly trying to reduce the size of my stable.

View attachment 413149

View attachment 413151
congrats mate the Dunlops have to go though :)

thewelshm

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great find! I really like the way a 4" barreled M29 balances in my hands. Many years ago I had a M29-2 that I bought new in 1980. Unfortunately I sold it off in a moment of stupidity and immediately regretted it. Fast forward a couple more years and I found a four screw M29 no dash in a LGS and snatched it up. Since then I have carried it on many a hike and hunting trip. Somehow I was smart enough to save the original Cokes that came with it and put on a set of Pachmayrs for my forays into the woods. I kind of semi retired it a few years ago and dug out the Cokes and reinstalled them. Now it lives a pampered life with just a few trips to the range now and then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts