Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share a few pictures of a model 28 Highway Patrolman 4" that I picked up a while back. The gun is in really good condition overall and has the original numbered grips. I would like to put on a set of target grips, or possible just add a Tyler grip adapter.
28 - 1.jpg
28 - 2.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the complements guys, the stocks are numbered to the gun.
Question - if you have used the Tyler grip adapters on your N frame magna’s , how do you like them compared to target grips ?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
thanks for the complements guys, the stocks are numbered to the gun.
Question - if you have used the Tyler grip adapters on your N frame magna’s , how do you like them compared to target grips ?
Target stocks are,, one size fits all, but they don't work for most. The Tyler T is a compromise.

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Sweet 4" 28-2! I use the magnas or Target grips for mine. Great shooters indeed.:)

Reactions: latitude22

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I really like the service grips that came with my 28. A lot more comfortable than they would let on at first glance.

Crazy man question but .. have you fired the gun some to make sure they arent right for you?

I have about 200 rds through mine since I got it .. maybe 300 and I still dig the factory grips

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really like the service grips that came with my 28. A lot more comfortable than they would let on at first glance.

Crazy man question but .. have you fired the gun some to make sure they arent right for you?

I have about 200 rds through mine since I got it .. maybe 300 and I still dig the factory grips
excellent point Boriqua, once things are just a little more back to normal the gun will make a range trip and I can check out how the magna's work out

·
Administrator
8,325 Posts
That's a real beauty!
For me personally, I love the feel of Magnas and a Tyler T. The combination fits my hand perfectly. In fact, much better than a set of Targets. But... notice I said fits my hand. It may or may not work for you. Well worth a try though.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Nice HP! I like the S&W targets. Also, my Keith Brown grips feel good. There is more in the hand when shooting and less felt recoil. But, I have to admit, magnas and a grip adapter look cool and old school.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm a big fan of the original stocks and a Tyler T. Target stocks look really good on most revolvers, but they don't match they way the Good Lord made my hand. Fat on the bottom seems backasswards from the way my hands close.

I think you did a fine job on finding that 28-2! It's in great shape, and the 4"er that I wish mine was. That is a fantastic looking revolver. Congratulations.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm a big fan of the original stocks and a Tyler T. Target stocks look really good on most revolvers, but they don't match they way the Good Lord made my hand. Fat on the bottom seems backasswards from the way my hands close.

I think you did a fine job on finding that 28-2! It's in great shape, and the 4"er that I wish mine was. That is a fantastic looking revolver. Congratulations.
I just like the looks of the original grips I too have a 28-2 and put a Tyler grip on it. I have Tyler’s in several of my Smith and Wesson,s. I really like them and they keep the trigger guard from beating up my finger when shooting heavy loads.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
A hearty Buckeye welcome from NE Ohio!

Did someone say Magnas and grip adapters! Why yes, I happen to like that combination!

Not all of these are Tylers. I have adapters marked S&W, Mershon, Pachmyer, and Tyler. They all work well, for me.

The Model 28-2 is in the top photo, left side, second down.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts