Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Model 27- Ready to Purchase.

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Curt360 
#1 ·
I’m a big fan of SW. it appears to some (and me) that the pride of many collections is/are the pre-27 or the 27. Assuming I wanted a premier pistol for my collection, what should I be looking for in the Model 27 line?

#9 ·
If you are buying to collect then buy the highest quality complete package you can find. There are many sub groups in the N Frame .357 class. Registered Magnum, Non registered magnum, Post war, Pre Model 27, and then the different engineering changes of the model marked guns. I'm sure that I've left a few out. If you have investment in mind then only the top one or two percent are worth buying. If you want to enjoy your purchase by using it then a compromise in condition or accessories will save you a lot of money. It's all in what puts a smile on your face. I really like to shoot my guns. BTW all three are pre model marked.
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Gun accessory

#12 ·
I love n frames in Nickel, k frame in Nickel work too...but now thinking blue is great too..

Thewelshm

#17 ·
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your search for a model 27, hopefully one you can shoot and enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.