Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 27-2 8 3/8" blue for silhouette shooting years ago and was thinking about selling it, as I don't use it any more. It is in excellent condition and I was wondering about what I would expect to get for it? Thanks for any info, Craig.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Much depends upon it's age, condition and origionality.

An unfired Blue, NIB (Presentation Case) 27-2 will bring $6-650 around here if it is an S-frame gun. $100-150 less if it's an N-Frame gun.

A shot-loose, altered, later 27-2 without the box, tools or correct stocks and alot of wear and abuse might have trouble bringing a couple of hundred dollars.

More information is required for a more accurate evaluation.

Drew

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
The long barrels seem to have lost favor with the general shooting public from years gone by. I'll blame that on the 15+ round capacity of the wonder nines and the thinking that you just keep pulling the trigger instead of aiming. sad really

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey craig ,
I just bought a Nickel 27-2 8 3/8`s off Gun Broker and paid $600 for it . The guns in really good shape .It dates from around the mid 70`s .
It did`nt have the box or paper work .

Like Azmick say`s the shooting preferences have really changed . I was surprised what also came with the gun ,
the original 3 1/2 barrel !! First thing I did was send it back to S&W and had the gun put back to original .
I know there are some guy`s that would rather have the long bbl but I wanted to bring the gun back to the way it was born .

Good luck .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts