Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm amazed. I call around in San Diego County on the hunt for a new Model 19 in 4". Nothing.
"Have any idea when you may get one"?..."Nope"
"How about a 637"? "Nope and no timeline".

Geeez, I'm not asking for the moon. Heck, I didn't bother to bring up ammunition as I know where that would have gone.

Might as well be broke...:rolleyes:

Reactions: azmick and Forester

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Thanks to our political climate there are millions of new firearm owners causeing the firearm and ammo drought.
A good friend of mine just got his new Springfield Elite after waiting a month.
My suggestion is to visit every FFL you can and place your order if they will take it, they may have one on order for stock.
Good Luck and try and be patient.

Reactions: TTSH

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you wirenut. Heck, I just had to wait three months for my new ARE camper shell. I am learning patience...slowly.

Reactions: wirenut and TTSH

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I suppose you could check GUNBROKER if you feel comfortable buying online.
For me I will never buy online, if I can't handle it money will never change hands.

·
Registered
558 Posts
As a former SD County resident of El Cajon, I have lived in Utah since 1997 when I retired. Guns used to be plentiful in SDO, but as more liberals took over, they seem to have dried up.
The Internet is your friend. I have a beautiful Pre M19 1st year I bought off a guy on the Blue Forum. $1,200 and I have seen the pre guns go for 5 times that. Mine is like new. Big Larry
Product Gun Firearm White Trigger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gunbroker is probably your best bet, in these times. That is where you’ll find the inventory. What I do is use the advanced search option, then find the one I want nearby. I then message the Seller to see if they allow local pickup. Then you can go look at it and avoid shipping. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thems some nice guns folks. Dang.

Big Larry, small world. I'll send you a PM. Hint is, I used to work in the Cajon Zone.
I know the place as well as my ex-wives bad habits.

·
Registered
30,037 Posts
I got my 19-4 after jonesy814 pointed me in the direction of a state classifieds ad site. They are great shooters. Good luck on your quest.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is what happens when you buy online from another State in the leftist state of California. Now while reading this, keep in mind that criminals don't need to follow these rules.
If, you buy a gun online, your FFL needs to provide their intel to the selling FFL, that's fine, I get it. When the weapon arrives you go to the receiving FFL, fill out paper work, provide your gun safety card you had to take a test for and pay $25.00, good for five years.
The FFL then submits for a background check, keeps the weapon for ten days, you pay state taxes on the sale price and about 100 dollars to the FFL for their trouble and state registration. The State has so many rules of guns they will not accept it is mind numbing.

In the meantime, you bought a weapon without seeing it first in hand...what could possibly go wrong...
So the State of California has all the goods on you and nothing on the criminals.
Fellow Californians, if I have written in error then please correct me.

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
If you check the advanced link on GUNBROKER, current items with your state,it appears that many have no bids.
Try and contact the seller after the time is up, maybe a deal can be worked out.

·
Registered
558 Posts
This is why I left for Utah less than 2 weeks after I retired. Took advantage of home prices, made a bundle, and had a new house built in Utah. Many smart folks did this.
I have a C&R and in this state, I can buy a 50 year old machine gun with it. As for FFL guns, my good buddy owns a pawn shop and transfers new guns to me for free.
I have a Sister in El Cajon, but I will never cross the state line again. Big Larry
Air gun Trigger Sleeve Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheeseus Larry, remind me not to trespass on your land. Well, if I were ten years younger I would leave these leftist creeps. I get back at them by wearing Smith and Wesson T shirts. Anything to drive the left crazier.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ha Ha !!! I have two Combat Magnums. One 1st year and one from 1960. The 1960 is a M19-0. Both are minty in boxes and I will never have the pleasure of shooting them. Years past, I have owned others that I did shoot. Shoot one and you have shot them all. I had all 3 standard bbl. lengths. I had the same in M66's. I have one of those in my collection, a M66-0. I don't have anything past a dash 3 in my collection. Big Larry

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is the new Model 19 on the approved roster?
[/QUOTE]
Yes, the 19 3" and 4.24" are certified in california. Good luck...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I've got four Model 19's these days. All with 4" barrels. One is a current production -9, maybe the best of the bunch, and the only one I really shoot. The others I have mostly because I'm a sucker for a 4" Model 19. ;) The other three are a -1, a -3, and a LNIB Pennsylvania State Police anniversary model -4. Prices ranged from $550 to $850. I just passed on a 66-2 for $750 because it had Hogue grips on it. If it had the original type target grips I might have lusted for it a bit more. I should have anyway. I've got a set of rosewood presentation grips that would have looked great on that gun now that I think about it.

DRAT!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts