Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A few months ago I posted this with regard to my new Model 19 classic. https://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/s-w-gunsmithing/203113-new-s-w-19-cylinder-gap-question.html#post2265515

The bottom line: the cylinder gap was unequal, with one side being a large gap, and the other side very narrow.

I got the gun back from S&W today, the gap is now very small on both sides, the cylinder rotates fine. In their report it states "B-C-open New Sleeve". I am not quite sure what that means, but it looks like they think they fixed it. They had firearm at the factory for about 5 weeks, but considering Christmas and New Years, they were pretty fast at getting it back.

I hope to go to the range soon to check it out.

-Adam

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
What? You had a new revolver that wasn't perfect and you didn't make a U-tube video showing it and proclaiming to the world that it was junk? Man, you missed your 15 minutes of fame. :eek: ;) (tongue firmly planted in cheek here.)

Glad they apparently got it fixed for you and apparently in a timely manner. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What? You had a new revolver that wasn't perfect and you didn't make a U-tube video showing it and proclaiming to the world that it was junk? Man, you missed your 15 minutes of fame. :eek: ;) (tongue firmly planted in cheek here.)
Good point. But, I have been too busy making YouTube videos about Colt that I never even considered spreading hate about S&W. I could be famous right now!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sent my Classic Model 19 in a few weeks ago. Light strikes in double action. Sometimes the cylinder does advance at all in DA. The guy at the factory says it's a timing issue, he added, "We can fix anything." We'll see.

·
Registered
13,486 Posts
Good point. But, I have been too busy making YouTube videos about Colt that I never even considered spreading hate about S&W. I could be famous right now!
Hint... If you make a You-boob movie, don't play funky music with it. It's tasteless.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts