Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email saying this is now available. A while back in a post I questioned why S&W no longer made a 2.5", K frame, as I thought it would sell. Too bad its compensated and not available with or without. I don't care for the front sight being moved back to allow room for the port. I understand why it's done, just don't care for it
Model 19 | Smith & Wesson

·
Registered
998 Posts
I saw that, too. The size is right.. Looks good.. I'd rather have an older model.
Yeah, I'll take an old one too, thank you! :giggle:

One of my greatest gun collecting flubs ever was turning down a pristine perfect vintage Model 19 in 2-1/2" for $500 back in early-2016 that had just come in to my favorite LGS. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: I cry about it occasionally even now. :cry:

In my defense, I was very active back then building up my collection of S&W 3rd Gens... so I plead "temporary insanity" on not grabbing that beautiful Model 19 at the time. :cry: In truth, I thought I'd have at least a day or two to think about it, but it sold almost instantly. :cry:

Not my biggest collecting flub ever, but certainly a very tough one. Live and learn. :(

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
At that MSRP, you could get an older P&R model 19-2, -3, -4. I don't care for the front sight placement either but the adjustable trigger stop screw might be nice. $1132 plus tax ,, nope, easy to pass on one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I prefer the older model also, having a 2-1/2" one myself. Speaking of which, I bought something at the LGS here in Tucson on Monday that I will post pictures of later, but they also had on consignment a 2-1/2" 19-7 in pretty good (90%) condition for $500 and a like new 6" Ruger GP100 for $450. I'm sure they will go fast.

OldFarmBoy

·
Registered
28,083 Posts
Just as with the 4" version with the ported barrel....FUGLY. Would rather have the older classic version.

Reactions: TTSH and azmick

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That little hole in the side turns me off. Not because of its intended purpose but because of whom persuaded them to do that and they are still doing it. I’ll stick with my 66–1 or my speed six if I’m going to carry something in the K frame range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,161 Posts

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
I'll keep my P&R 19-3 I bought used from Gander Mountain a few years ago for $349.........................no ports on revolvers for me, they're loud enough already

Reactions: azmick and TTSH
1 - 13 of 13 Posts