Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this model 19-5 from my dad I am looking for any info you all can give me on it. The main thing I am looking for is some new grips but any info or tips about the 19-5 would be great. I am new to the revolver world. Thank you for any help you can give.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I see some freckles of rust here and there. Get some oil on that gun. I use Ballistol as it's very versatile and skin safe. There are more comfortable grips available too. If you want to enjoy shooting without beating you or the gun up try some .38 Special or .357 cowboy loads. That's a fine gun you have there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see some freckles of rust here and there. Get some oil on that gun. I use Ballistol as it's very versatile and skin safe. There are more comfortable grips available too. If you want to enjoy shooting without beating you or the gun up try some .38 Special or .357 cowboy loads. That's a fine gun you have there.
Thank you. I will get some oil on it more regularly. I have not done to much shooting with it yet I do have some 357 FMJ rounds on the way so I can do some shooting. Do you have any places that you like to get grips from?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Welcome mate, the Dunlop’s have to go. Get her some wood shoes.. eBay will be a good start..

Thewelshm

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Fine revolver and one you'll like to shoot. Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
As far as grips go...I got these on Ebay from Thailand for my 19-4. There is quite the variety out their. :)

Reactions: jmcisc

·
Registered
725 Posts
My 19-5 , I prefer wood and steel , old school I guess , no problems for me to shoot just personal preference
AAX (2).jpg

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Model 19 is a very good introduction to the world of revolvers, and you have a nice example. A little Ballistol, or mineral oil, and a little elbow grease, and those freckles should, at least fade. My 19 has Hogue grips as I prefer the solid grip I get with rubber. I have to agree that wood is MUCH more attractive, but.......... I love my model 19-5 and find it to be very accurate and comfortable to shoot. Enjoy, and welcome to the forum from So.Colorado!!!

Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts