Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this model 19 up at a local gun show this morning. 19-3, 4” barrel, serial # 7k585xx. Came with original box, papers, and cleaning kit. I’ve looked it over very good, and I can’t find a blemish on it, the turn ring is very light and there is hardly any evidence of shooting. Which barrel length is most desirable on a collector level? I’ll include pictures. I think it’s from 1975 if my research is correct.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Cheeseus...
I view these photos and ask, why is it always someone else and not me?
My wife states, "a least you have your health".
My response, "what good is health without a beautiful firearm?"...hmmmm?
That is a stunner...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheeseus...
That is a stunner...
Haha, I like your response there, and yes I’m lucky I found this one.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Cheeseus...
That is a stunner...
My feelings exactly. (y) Do you know how long I've been looking for an early 4" Model 19 in that extraordinary condition? With original factory box?? And with perfect condition magnificently colored target stocks no less???

ALL MY LONG SORRY LIFE!!! Or so it seems anyway. :)

That gun is to die for. Congratulations to the new owner! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
you are not unarmed with a 19 mate, congrats, shoot her in good health..

thewelshm

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
30,035 Posts
Fantastic looking 19-3! You did well! The 19's are a joy to shoot and one of the best looking revolvers S&W made, besides it's cousin the model 66. Congrats and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Man, that is pretty. I've got a 19-3 that is nice, but not that nice. I also have a -4 that's a Pa. State Police anniversary model that is really close. I don't think it's ever been fired. I have probably cycled the action more than anyone else. It too has the box, papers and tools. Personally I doubt I'll ever shoot either of them, but I sure like having them and getting them out from time to time to wax and fondle.

19-3 (The lighting is bad, so don't hold it against the gun.) I think this one is from 1970

19-4 (Same thing with the light) And this one is from 1980 IIRC.

I need a picture of the box and the contents. Maybe later today.

·
Premium Member
13,675 Posts
SCORE !!!!!

Original everything, and not even a cylinder turn line on one finest revolvers S&W ever made...

It doesn't get any better.

Reactions: Thewelshm and TTSH

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, that is pretty. I've got a 19-3 that is nice, but not that nice. I also have a -4 that's a Pa. State Police anniversary model that is really close. I don't think it's ever been fired. I have probably cycled the action more than anyone else. It too has the box, papers and tools. Personally I doubt I'll ever shoot either of them, but I sure like having them and getting them out from time to time to wax and fondle.

19-3 (The lighting is bad, so don't hold it against the gun.) I think this one is from 1970

19-4 (Same thing with the light) And this one is from 1980 IIRC.

I need a picture of the box and the contents. Maybe later today.
A pretty pair you have there, I was very impressed with the condition of the box as well, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up!!

·
Registered
21,320 Posts
While I would love that 19-3 for my collection, I just can't justify the cash outlay to myself! I got most of my S&W's last century, in the 80's and90's. :cautious: Bob

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
While I would love that 19-3 for my collection, I just can't justify the cash outlay to myself! I got most of my S&W's last century, in the 80's and90's. :cautious: Bob
Those "good ole days" are long gone now... all behind us. I kick myself almost daily for concentrating on stainless steel back in the day instead of those gorgeous blued steel revolvers.

Now, I am finding what I can find in blue, but nothing in the condition the OP found. That is a time machine gun! :) If I found one, cost wouldn't matter. I'd take a third mortgage on the house to own one. (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts