Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help: I was given a beutiful revolver last night. Problem: I thought that it was a .38 calibre. But it is a six shot and I thought that the .38 special or the .357 magnum were all five shot. I guess that I am a neophyte. I did not realize how many different guns were based upon the J-frame S&W.

Any sugggestions.

Thanks,
/s/ Tom Milam, Jr.
[email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am not sure if the serial number you posted is the whole number or only part of it. Either way, it looks as if you model 19 was produced between 1970-72. The model 19 is a blued or nickled 6 shot K frame chambered in .357 Magnum. The most common configurations for 38special or 357 magnums are the 5 shot J frame, 6 shot K frame, 6 or 7 shot L frame and the 6 or 8 shot N frame.
Please post pictures

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
Your model 19-3 is a K frame from about 1972 {more or less}.
No problem with the spelling of 'calibre', sometimes a little Euro-spice in grammer and such is nice :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.

I am new to the forum, but a life member of the NRA.

This gun was modified by Gemini Customs. It is beautiful. That is the first time I have ever described a gun as being beautiful.

I will try to upload a photograph of the revolver, wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Hope you don't mind, justicalpa, but I resized it for you and posting it in the thread so others can see.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Juticalpa said:
This gun was modified by Gemini Customs. It is beautiful. That is the first time I have ever described a gun as being beautiful.
I think beautiful is not too strong a word. Here are a couple of old threads I think you may be interested in:

The definative Model 19 thread:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=639

and photo posting instructions:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

Beautiful job Gemini did on that 19. Congrats!

In 39 years I've yet to see an ugly model 19 ;)

Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Kick back and relax around here.....it's just a friendly place. That
M-19 looks great! Gemini Customs does a great job. Did you get it that way......or have the work done yourself??? Looks too nice to carry, though. :roll: :mrgreen: Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts