Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this model 19-3. 357 N plated hand gun that was made in 1974 still in the box with all the police Literature and paper work from 1974.
just wanting to know about the numbers and letters on the label.
I can send pics if it allowed.
53A2D2EC-EE8F-4482-A238-20279B3482BC.jpeg

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Your not un armed with a 19 mate, but I believe they all get shot once at the mother ship? But I know what you mean ;)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
26,030 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sweet model 19! Is the revolver an investment or a shooter? One should never deny themselves the experience of shooting a fine .357.:cool:

Reactions: azmick

·
Registered
138 Posts
NICE!! I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum!
What a way to start your first post with such a beauty, and a round butt snub to boot.
I am a shooter, and not a collector, but I would have trouble smoking up one that nice.
That said, they are made to shoot, and if shooting that gun is your desire, shot it and enjoy it. I have one exactly like yours, except in a 4 inch barrel, and I carefully shoot it several times a year.
I dont put it into a holster, and I carefully clean it afterwards.
Also, I stick with 38's, and stay away from 357 loads, in my K frames, to try and reduce wear on the gun. Many folks will tell you that K Frames will with stand 357's and they will, but it does loosen them up over time.

Enjoy your gun in good heath!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts