Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So here it is. Model 19-3. Serial number puts mnf. between 1972-1973 (2k84932) based on what I read in standard catalog. Gun was Obtained from a guy at work cleaning out his fathers closet. Didn’t have any back info on gun. Original stocks gone. Pachmyer rubber in place. Based on what I’m seeing, the S&W seal doesn't look as sharp as it should on cover, I’m guessing gun might have been refinished. If it has been it was done right and very well. Possibly factory. This leads me to my questions. Does anyone know what any of these markings in the frame???? Catalog lists nothing. Any help, opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What do I have here????

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
calling all smith exerts here! Anyone? Anything? Thoughts? Opinions? Guesses?? Lol

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Looks like it was plated after it left the factory. Factory nickle would be marked with a large "N" on the frame under the left grip.

The odd marks are factory inspection and process marks.

Put some decent grips on it and enjoy shooting it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for the reply’s!! Very appreciated!!! I actually found a pair of period correct original wood grips at my local gun store. Got a good deal on them while I was picking up another gun, a 5906. That’s for another thread

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agree with above. If you are burning to know how it originally shipped, you could get a Roy Jinks letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again. Thanks for the reply’s. The only thing that threw me about the finish was the faintness of the s&w cartouche. Otherwise everything looks sharp and original. No other tell tale signs like pins being flattened or being plated. There is no N stamp for nickel on frame or under crane but there is no refinish date or markings I can find. If it was refinished I believe it was done by the factory or a very good platter.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply’s!! Very appreciated!!! I actually found a pair of period correct original wood grips at my local gun store. Got a good deal on them while I was picking up another gun, a 5906. That’s for another thread
Shoot it in good health mate..

Thewelshm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts