Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
On one hand I am always sad to see when the stocks have been changed out and the originals weren't kept with the gun. But then again, I can usually negotiate a lower price because of that. I have a 1971 vintage 19-3 that I picked up a couple of years ago for $500 that had the stocks replaced with a set of rubber Hogue's. The closest I could come to an original set for it out of my box-o-grips was a set of diamond magna's.

I don't see it being worth the $ to get a factory letter on this one, but the lack of a target hammer and trigger makes me think that it came with magna's rather than target's,
I think M19's came with target stocks always, there is no mention of Magnas in the SCSW description, although it does mention dropping the diamond in 1968, which would have been in the dash-3 series. At any rate, that M19 looks great with magnas, especially the pre-'68 versions. I've only got one S&W that I didn't get the original stocks with but I generally change them to something more "stylish" or better suited to my hand size. I do mark any similar stocks so I can keep them matched to the gun they came off of, so that after I'm gone whoever next possesses them can keep them together. My M19-3 is a 1974 vintage, is a 3T gun, and was my first in my new collection, but my second M19 and third S&W overall. I once had a 6" M19-2 and a 4" M66 no-dash. Present M19-3, with original Targets and current Altamont replacements:
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts