Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Mod. 17 with 4 inch barrel 22 set # starts BEF**** any clue what year it may have been manufactured

·
Premium Member
18,876 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! 1989. How about some pictures so that we can enjoy your gun as well.

Guy

Reactions: Curt360

·
Premium Member
18,876 Posts
Thanks for showing us that beautiful revolver! Also, the SPEC ORD box on your box shows the Julian date of manufacture. Based on the 1233 date, your gun was made on Wednesday, August 21, 1991. Our SN tables are only approximate but the box label is specific.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Hey M,

Welcome to S&W!

Way to go! Pics of a FANTASTIC K 22 ........right out of the gate!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
23,475 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Nice model 17. I have a 6" 17- 4 that I was lucky enough to come across a few years back. Great revolvers..enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! 1989. How about some pictures so that we can enjoy your gun as well.

Guy
Thanks. I thought this was older than 89 appears not many made
Its Model 17-6 with 4 inch barrel
Thanks for showing us that beautiful revolver! Also, the SPEC ORD box on your box shows the Julian date of manufacture. Based on the 1233 date, your gun was made on Wednesday, August 21, 1991. Our SN tables are only approximate but the box label is specific.
Thank you very much

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for responding. They are great shooters especially teaching first time shooters handgun safety. Would I be close saying they're worth $800 approximately?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its obvious you folks have a wealth of knowledge. Will you provide me with more. This was my duty weapon for years. It's still the best Law Enforcement weapon ever made. Seriously. # K7302** what can you tell me about it? I don't have box

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
M-19. Combat Magnum.

One of the finest revolvers ever made!

Great looking REVOLVER!

Reactions: mpd1sut and Curt360

·
Registered
23,475 Posts
I must agree, that model 19 is sweet and a fine example of S&W Craftsmanship.

Reactions: mpd1sut

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its obvious you folks have a wealth of knowledge. Will you provide me with more. This was my duty weapon for years. It's still the best Law Enforcement weapon ever made. Seriously. # K7302** what can you tell me about it? I don't have box
I forget to post Model 19.

·
Registered
23,475 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must agree, that model 19 is sweet and a fine example of S&W Craftsmanship.
Any clue as to date of manufacture
Welcome to the forum, and nice revolvers! I have a 4"617 and an airweight Kit Gun in 22 caliber. That 4 inch model 17 would fit nicely between the 2 for weight
My grandson will inherit it. But like your spirit

·
Registered
915 Posts
Any clue as to date of manufacture

My grandson will inherit it. But like your spirit
@jonesy814 is always in the market for "one more revolver" to fill a gap here or there! Stick around and enjoy his write ups and pictures of the outings he and @Curt360 have regularly, even sometimes in the snow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts