Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our monthly meeting at our club tonight. One of the older members brought in several long-barreled revolvers in his collection, and offered them for sale. Among them were several Ruger SA's, a S&W Model 29-3 (10" barrel, adj. front sight), and this jewel; Model 17-3, 8 3/8" barrel, target hammer and trigger, box and papers. Just under $500 out the door. Hardly used, with a very faint turn ring. I can't wait to get this one to the range on Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
How cool................

Betcha it's amazingly accurate...............I wonder how it would take to a scope?

Enjoy it in good health Dennis.

Regards,

Geezer

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That is just beautiful. And you can shoot it and not go broke! Right place at the right time. Enjoy it because if it were mine, I would.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to stir the pot a bit, I'm adding a photo of the 17-3, and its cousin, a Model 14-3. Both go to the range tomorrow for a little shootin' fun.

·
Administrator
8,038 Posts
Very nice! kfjdrfirii

I know the long barreled guns are sort of out of favor right now, but there was a time when they were king of the hill. I miss those days...

Gotta love the long barrels!

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
I heard S&W sells bipods now for the AR's. You might find one to use on those rail guns you've got there.
That's are a pair of real beauties you've managed to put together.
I have a 6" model 14, so i can just imagine how accurate your M-14 is. It'll be a real tackdriver.
That Model 17 is a great find, and the seller certainly did you quite the service selling it for that price.

Enjoy your range session.
Gregory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts