Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a K38 Model 15-4 from Big 5 Sporting Goods back in the 70's.
The sn # 91K6124
I'm wondering about a general value as I might part with it.
It has fewer than 100 rounds put through it, is in excellent shape with one small chip on the left side grip, and no marks or holster wear, bore is bright, I would say 95%, have the box, instructions, and screwdriver . I've attached pics, what do you folks think? I'd consider offers from $500 up! 20210717_131057.jpg S&W2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
14,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice Combat Masterpiece! Gun prices are running high right now. Your revolver, with box, paperwork & tools is worth somewhere around $600-625, and maybe more in some parts of the country. Having the box and all adds around $75-100 to the value. Without those items it would be closer to a $500 -550 dollar gun

·
Premium Member
12,967 Posts
A quick look at Gunbroker completed sales of model 15 revolvers shows them selling for a low of $350 at auction to about $750, with ask prices up to $1500. A high condition one just sold for $1400+... most were in the $500-$700 level.

Pricing varies by location.

These are common S&W revolvers, and a nice one might attract a collector that would pay in the middle of those values.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Hey Tom,

Welcome to S&W!

That looks to be a 4".

Model 15?

Oh Yeah!

Very desirable revolver.....

Later, Mark

·
Registered
28,099 Posts
Hi Tom and welcome to the forum. Sweet revolver, and one that has climbed in value since your purchase.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
That model is a keeper. Mine will go to one of my sons before I go. I'm still shooting it. Nice looking holster there, too. Reminds me of my service holster.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That model is a keeper. Mine will go to one of my sons before I go. I'm still shooting it. Nice looking holster there, too. Reminds me of my service holster.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the welcome! 😎

·
Premium Member
12,967 Posts
Personally, I've never found the blue books particularly useful - especially on collectible firearms.

They are for shops to use when tossing out ball park values. Recent auctions for similar items are always more reflective of the marketplace.

Reactions: Tom Bolton

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed! I simply downloaded it for a reference tool! Auctions I have seen prices as low as $350 and as high as $800 as recently as this year.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Tom, the others are correct about the location. Here in San Diego a nice Smith wheel gun will last about a week (if that) in the shops, then gone. Yours is sweet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts