Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking in with the forum about a fair price.

Found a Model 15-2 in a pawn shop today. Blueing is clean minus a 1/4" deep scratch on the top of the backstrap nearest the hammer. Wood is a bit dusty but checkering is sharp with grips having three chip which are only noticeable on the bottom of the grips. Cylinder, cone, lockup, cycling, are all excellent. Rifling is sharp and bore looks like it had maybe a box of shells through it. Asking price is $349.

Is that fair? hipnp

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
combat said:
I think that is a fair price.Not a "steal" but a OK price on a good gun. 2345ll
I agree. I sold one 18 months ago for $300 that was in rougher shape than you describe. It was lacking the original grips and the guy who bought it told me to keep the Uncle Mike rubber grips it had on it. Like Combat said, I think that is a fair price.

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
I also agree. That seems to be a pretty good price for a nice revolver to have.

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
I know it's apples & oranges, but on Saturday a stopped by a local Pawn Shop and the only S&W in the case was a model 36, no dash, with beautiful diamond stocks, BUT the finish was almost all gone with some serious deep scratches....the price? $349.00! Sounds like the 15-2 you're looking at is a reasonable price in today's market as these other gents have stated. Go with cash and see if you can pull it down another $25 bucks or so, it's worth a try.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, went back to see if the shop still had the 15-2. Someone else had picked it up. That's how it goes; some days it's chicken, some days just feathers. kufO

While I was in I got to handle a very worn Colt trooper. That's sure a different animal. Wasn't sure what to think of the trigger pull, totally different than what I'm used to. Sure doesn't compare to a Smith.

The consolation for me is I've got a 6" 27-2 I'm paying on. Just gotta stay focused!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts