Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Model 14 Target Masterpiece that is an amazing revolver. Been thinking of adding a Model 15 to the stable, since I like .38 Special. Anyone own both, and would you share your opinion/experience??

Gary

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
I have more than one of both and I don't think you'll notice a difference in target shooting, but the Model 15 or "Combat Masterpiece" is probably more tactical if you intend on carrying one. Both have incredible trigger pull, balance and sighting features that in my opinion, modern revolvers simply don't offer, but I'm old school in my views. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I've owned both at one time. The only reason I don't have both now is I have a "thing" for 4" barrel revolvers.

If you're not as weird as I am, no reason not to own both.

Reactions: Leo918

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, 15s carry nicer. Since falling in love with my 14, the 15s don’t get shot very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
80 Posts
Well, that's one mans opinion at any rate.

natman is spot on with his information,,,

The Model 14 was named the Masterpiece,,,
You will often see it referred to as the Target Masterpiece.

The Model 15 was named the Combat Masterpiece,,,
Of the two it's my personal favorite.

The frame size is a K-frame and they are identical in that aspect,,,
The barrel length, trigger, hammer, and sights are the only differences.

If you keep the Model 14,,,
Be on the lookout for a good Model 17,,,
It's the exact same revolver but chambered for .22 LR,,,
It's the perfect "companion" (Smith & Wesson's word) to the Model 14.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Have not yet owned a Model 14. Have owned a number of Model 15's. Really like them very much. Handle beautifully. The one I recently purchased is nickel plated, four inch, grips number to the gun and at the range it shoots lights out! One nice thing ... appears that a Model 15 can be found and bought at something other than a nose bleed price. Last Model 19 I bought ran $500 OTD. The Model 15 I bought late last year was $325 OTD w/a box of ammo. Go figure! Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Erinis, I do have a very nice 5 Screw K22 as a "companion" for my Model 14, and I find them both to be an absolute joy to shoot!!!! Would like to add the 4" Model 15 if I can locate a nice one.

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts