Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up one of these, well.... I told my dealer I'd take it sight unseen and pick it up next Friday.

What is the story on these full lug model 14's? I seem to recall only a short production run of 2000 or so. Anyone have one of these? Pics? This one has a 6" barrel. Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
19,798 Posts
As much as I like people.......I would NEVER.....EVER buy a gun, sight unseen. Giving someone a verbal agreement to purchase a gun,
commits you to a verbal contract. I don't do it, but, others can give you their opinions. Bob

·
Super Moderator
32,571 Posts
albert said:
I thought the full lug idea was to stiffen and add weight to the barrel??

As its already a 6" barrel with just a .38 special I don't know if the full lug gains you any thing.

Enjoy your unique weapon and don't forget posting the pictures.
Agrees about the pictures. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
829 Posts
14-6 with Spegels

Reactions: StangMan

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful model 14 Mickey D, thanks for sharing the pic. Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
18DAI,

While I can't add to the info you've asked for, I can imagine it will be a hoot to shoot. Imagine a full lug barrel like a 586, but in a K-frame .38. Cool...

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Cush said:
18DAI,

While I can't add to the info you've asked for, I can imagine it will be a hoot to shoot. Imagine a full lug barrel like a 586, but in a K-frame .38. Cool...
Cush,

Come on down and shoot mine....

Drew

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Why? We learn from what others have posted. I know I do! The shame would be if we just ignored it...then it would be lost.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts