Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new to me Smith and Wesson 13-3 several months ago. Was wondering if anyone could provide a reference source for an approx date of manufacture. Serial number AVF66XX.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looks like July of 1987. The only way to know for sure is to letter it. Nice find, you know we need to see pics. Welcome to the forum. James

G

·
0 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Forum... :)

Pics would be nice...what barrel length is it? I managed to find one of the 3 inch model 13's and it fast became a favorite...

giz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't figure out how to post a pic? How do you measure barrel length? Is the cylinder included?

G

·
0 Posts
Generally,

If you measure from the tip of the barrel back to the front of the cylinder....we'll be able to figure it out within a few thousanths... ;)

giz

·
Super Moderator
32,459 Posts
Gizamo said:
First off, Welcome to the Forum... :)

Pics would be nice...what barrel length is it? I managed to find one of the 3 inch model 13's and it fast became a favorite...

giz
Giz, I do know what you mean about the 3 inch barrel version of the model 13. I love mine and am amazed at how much I have been offered for mine. Are other people nuts or is it just that I live in an area where you do not see that model let alone that model and barrel length? :shock:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I am awaiting the delivery of a 3" model 13 and have wanted one for decades and just found one at a great price.Cant wait to get my mitts on her and shoot a few rounds.I also bought a Ruger SP101 in 3" so will compare them to decide which becomes 'the' companion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts