Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Model 13-2 4" barrel 357 magnum at an estate sale. The gun is in pretty good condition. Came with a Bianchi # 5BH holster.
Serial number is 44K 2505. If my research is correct, this dates the gun in the 1978-9 era.

I really don't have a use for the pistol. What is the current value? Is anyone on this forum interested in this gun?

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your dates are correct. I agree with KidSopris, we need pictures to give any kind of appraisal. Make sure the pictures show both sides and any stamps under the barrel or on the backstrap.

Reactions: 41 Charlie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice gun. Pictures ?
Nice gun. Pictures ?
I'll get some pics tomorrow. For the year model it is definitely in above average condition. Workmanship on this gun is impressive. The action is the best I've
experienced. Excited to connect with folks who are versed in these guns. I'll be back tomorrow with more info and pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice gun. Pictures ?
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your dates are correct. I agree with KidSopris, we need pictures to give any kind of appraisal. Make sure the pictures show both sides and any stamps under the barrel or on the backstrap.
Will do. Pictures coming tomorrow. This is such a well built gun, and the action is incredible. Most of my handguns are Ruger. This older S&W is impressive.

·
Premium Member
12,441 Posts
1979 is a good time frame for a 44K gun but a Model 13-2 doesn't make any sense. According to my 3rd edition of the Standard Catalog of Smith&Wesson the Model 13 didn't carry a "K" prefix. It used a "D" or "2D-17D" prefix.

My Model 13-2 s/n is 4D86826 and shipped 4/1979.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Publication Font

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Model 13's are selling for a good bit these days. The 4 inchers are bringing $650 Pus if they are in nice shape...not perfect but a real nice shooter type

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll get some pics tomorrow. For the year model it is definitely in above average condition. Workmanship on this gun is impressive. The action is the best I've
experienced. Excited to connect with folks who are versed in these guns. I'll be back tomorrow with more info and pictures.
UPDATE: I was wrong on the model number. This is a MODEL 19-4. I also misread the serial number last digit. Ther CORRECT SERIAL # 44K 2503

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Dang...holt. You gotsta' stay off that happy weed. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just picked up a Model 13-2 4" barrel 357 magnum at an estate sale. The gun is in pretty good condition. Came with a Bianchi # 5BH holster.
Serial number is 44K 2505. If my research is correct, this dates the gun in the 1978-9 era.

I really don't have a use for the pistol. What is the current value? Is anyone on this forum interested in this gun?
Nice gun. Pictures ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The correct model is 19-4 after further research. Comments on this board helped me to discern the correct model. I have already sold the gun to a friend.
This is one of the best made pistols I have ever (briefly) owned.

·
Premium Member
12,441 Posts
Okay. Now we are making sense. 42K84xx shipped 1/79, 45K37xx shipped 3/79. Good bet yours shipped in Jan or Feb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts