Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my gun cabinet!

Picked it up off of Auctionarms last week, got it from my FFL Wednesday.

Serial # 5K4408XX (1979 if I'm reading Supica's book right) and sports some well-worn PC grips. There's a little holster wear a very light turn mark. Looks like it was carried way more than it was fired.

I get my 659 next week and got my eye on a nickel 439. Someone's gotta save the pound puppies.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You sure that's a Model 10? The K in the serial indicates an adjustable sight target model, like a Model 14 or Model 15. The fixed sight Model 10s had Cs and Ds in their serials.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good God, I need to stop posting after midnight!

You're right, it's 5D, not 5K. How i fat finger that one I'll never know and I can't even use my standard "Vicodin" excuse, either.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pumped. I've got a 659 coming home next week.

Sometimes I feel like I'm running a no-kill shelter for unwanted Smith and Wesson handguns. I don't ever come across the pretty, NIB safe queens but the average shooter desperately wanting a loving, forever home.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I find my 659 to be the perfect carry gun. Sturdy, ugly so I don't care about it, it does what I need it to do and is the perfect tool.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the pics:

Had it out with the 659 last week. Family photo time:

The Model 59 I picked up last year, the 659 and the Model 10-8. The 10 shoots my handloads (158 LSWC's, any case, WSP primer and 4.0 grains 231) like a house afire. Shooting the KS CHL qualification course twice I put 50 rounds into a Skoal can sized group.

The 659 had the decocker screw work loose after about 100 rounds, had to bring it home, add a drop of loc tite and screw back in.

The 6906 is now my primary CCW piece, replacing my P6. I still carry my old reliable 36 when front pocket carry's required but having 13 rounds of 124 grain +P gold Dot goodness under the shirt works better than 9 in the P6 plus a spare clip.

Now is I can only find a decent 645 at a decent price. The sheriff carried these for almost 20 years but trying to find one is like pulling teeth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts