Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got back into shooting again and pulled out my old revolver that I purchased new in 1977.

Just curious if anyone can give me any information on it from the serial number: D217260

Looking for info on the year of manufacture and frame

Also what type of rubber grip should I use when shooting as the wooden slips sometimes.

I'm also interested in the ammo, what is the most powerful that I can safely load?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
1969-1970 per the book. probably 1970.

i would be comfortable shooting anything commercially available in it.

welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Hello Megabait and welcome to the forum.

Okay, I'll be the first to say it........chuckle........we like pictures around here...........smile

Your Model 10 is a K Frame and the serial number puts it into the 1969-1970 manufactured/production year(s).

Personally, I like Hogue's on my K Frames, but Pach's work fine too (both provide a firm non-slip grip). I see used ones of both types for sale at most gun shows and I'll just betcha that a seller would let you try them on your revolver to see how you like them. Then, you'll know which type you prefer. I wouldn't ask a seller to open a new package just to try them on, but a used set probably wouldn't be out of line...........please be careful not to "Bugger" the screw heads of either set (use the correct screw driver).

Regarding "loads", what barrel length do you have (affects the decision for powder and bullet weight to reloaders)? Personally, for general purpose I like "Keith Style" lead semi wad cutters in standard .38 Special loading and use jacketed hollow points for speciality application (serious self defense). Your Model 10 can handle +P's (when you want or need them), but I wouldn't feed them as a steady diet. Today there are several good non-plus P defensive ammo commercially available.

Best Regards,

Geezer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts