Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
bouncer,

Welcome from Twangtown!
Your gran-pap's model 10 left Springfield sometime between 1948 and 1951.
Since model numbers weren't assigned until '57, or so, your's is a Military and Police (M&P).

Mike

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Those MOPs have been on there a long time. I doubt the gun left Springfield with them though. As with all things S&W, never say "Never", but I don't think any stocks (grips) ever left on a gun without a set of S&W medallions in place.
It is a nice looking post war M&P with a well fitting set of MOPs, depending on a number of things (location, accessories with the gun, location, rust under the stocks?, and location), it would sell for $250 to $400 (my opinion, which is worth what you paid for it and far less than the price of a decent cup of coffee anywhere)

Reactions: mmitch

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Those MOPs have been on there a long time. I doubt the gun left Springfield with them though. As with all things S&W, never say "Never", but I don't think any stocks (grips) ever left on a gun without a set of S&W medallions in place. It is a nice looking post war M&P with a well fitting set of MOPs, depending on a number of things (location, accessories with the gun, location, rust under the stocks?, and location), it would sell for $250 to $400 (my opinion, which is worth what you paid for it and far less than the price of a decent cup of coffee anywhere)

Model Army 1917s didn't have medallions .

My ANIB Model 66 lacks them .

Actually I believe that many examples left S&W sans them .

bouncer ,

Very nice gun . Great condition .

A word of caution - I may be wrong but I believe that true MOP grips are subject to breaking under a lot of shooting .
Those grips in that condition are pretty valuable .

Regards ,
George

Reactions: azmick

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Those MOPs have been on there a long time. I doubt the gun left Springfield with them though. As with all things S&W, never say "Never", but I don't think any stocks (grips) ever left on a gun without a set of S&W medallions in place.
It is a nice looking post war M&P with a well fitting set of MOPs, depending on a number of things (location, accessories with the gun, location, rust under the stocks?, and location), it would sell for $250 to $400 (my opinion, which is worth what you paid for it and far less than the price of a decent cup of coffee anywhere)
Right you are George, I should have put in 'except modern rubber grips and war production guns'

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida.

Your grandpa took real good care of his M&P.

Regards,

FlaRon weiweinp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts