Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If they wouldn't mind, when somebody with the knowledge, or access to a book that has the knowledge gets a second, could they let me know the timeline on a Model 10-10 with a serial that starts with BSK. From searches it seems like the 90's, but I'm hoping that can be narrowed down to less then a decade.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Is there a book I should get that has this information in it?

Also, would either of you (or someone else) know if this is the time line that these pistols were coming with uncle mike's synthetic grips from the factory?
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Probably 1994-95.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have one more I just checked the number on. This other revolver is a turn in CDC Model 10-10 from a few years back. Has the Pachmayr grips that many of the CDC ones seem to come with. Not sure if the department added those themselves or why exactly those pistols seem to show up with the Pachmayr grip on them. The first part of the serial is BJH on the bottom of the frame. No serial inside when you open the cylinder, just the MOD 10-10.

Rough idea when that one was made? Earlier I presume, but not sure how much earlier.

·
Super Moderator
35,582 Posts
The Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson is the go to book for any information for everything Smith and Wesson

·
Premium Member
12,292 Posts
My Model 10-10 shipped 9/90. It's s/n is BFJ8xxx.

Reactions: Wiregrassguy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for taking the time and providing the info on looking up the dates.

K22: Is that revolver a CDC marked one? Or is it something you picked up yourself? I'm guessing (and that's all it is, a guess) is that most of the earlier CDC revolvers (prior to uncle mikes grips as factory) must have had the wood grips like yours, and must have subsequently switched out by the department to the pachmayr since many of them show up that way when sold as surplus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts