Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought this Model 67 No Dash for my wife for her birthday tomorrow. Took it for a test drive today and it is a fabulous shooter! I don’t know a whole lot about the Model 67 except that they came out in 1972. I have read the stainless sights, which this one has, are early. I know the grips aren’t original..it had oversized rubber grips so my buddy gave me these service panels to put on it. Just wondering if someone can verify year of the revolver.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
72 as far as I can tell. Someone might be able to narrow it down. I was thinking about picking one of these up but it’s a -1 and 600 seemed a little steep.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
72 as far as I can tell. Someone might be able to narrow it down. I was thinking about picking one of these up but it’s a -1 and 600 seemed a little steep.
Thanks, I was thinking it was probably a ‘72 from doing research. I paid $400 for this one. There’s another No Dash 67 on a local website here in Idaho that looks really clean for $400 as well. I can send a link if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Is it through a store or a private sale? In either case I’d appreciate the link. The store here In Florida that has it is usually a little high, I know that walking in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s a private sale...it’s a 67-1....my mistake. I sent the link to you via PM.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it through a store or a private sale? In either case I’d appreciate the link. The store here In Florida that has it is usually a little high, I know that walking in.
These 67 models are through the roof on Gunbroker!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is a first year no dash, pinned barrel, S.S. sights front & rear, trigger stop still intact, with box, manual, anti-corrosive paper, original factory sight screwdriver, and the original goncalo alves Magna grips wich have the serial number of the gun stamped into the inner side.

It belongs to my FFL, I have seen this gun up close, it is nice!

Its on ArmsList for $795- Item I.D.#11153961. They are normally just south of a grand on Gun Broker in that condition from what I have been seeing.
Thought about grabbing it myself but I am way over budget on ordinance at the moment and have more revolvers now than I can say grace over.

67 1.jpg 67 5.jpg 67 6.jpg 67 7.jpg 67 8.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought this Model 67 No Dash for my wife for her birthday tomorrow. Took it for a test drive today and it is a fabulous shooter! I don’t know a whole lot about the Model 67 except that they came out in 1972. I have read the stainless sights, which this one has, are early. I know the grips aren’t original..it had oversized rubber grips so my buddy gave me these service panels to put on it. Just wondering if someone can verify year of the revolver.
Jerry,

I would put that gun at mid 70's due to the 5K s/n and the red front sight insert. Can't tell from the photo, is the barrel pinned? It is definitely not a No Dash, and definitely not a 1972.
See my post about my friends 1972 with K3 s/n.

I am thinking those "Magna" grips are the correct grips for that gun, my buddy's gun has them and the serial numbers inside of the grips match the s/n on the gun.

Nice piece! Your Lady must be pleased with it!

Update - A collector picked up my friends 67 this morning, he handed him 8 hunskies and told him to keep the change!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey Johnny,
The wife was thrilled with the M67 and loves it. Like I said, I don’t now much about the Model 67 revolvers... but the barrel is definitely pinned. Not sure what to think about the “Dash-No Dash” controversy since there’s definitely not a dash. Now I’m intrigued to find out what year this piece was manufactured.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,091 Posts
Congrats on the 67! I purchased one last year for $425.00 and it's a great shooter and has quickly become one of my favorites to take to the range. You did well at $400 for yours. Enjoy!:cool: Oh...and the 67 is the cousin to the model 15 combat masterpiece, same overall design just in SS.

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
I believe only the no dash had stainless sights, and I think it was only the first year or so. They switched over to blued sights eventually as the stainless had too much glare

1 - 13 of 13 Posts