Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and old, so please bear with me while I learn to do this.
I have had a Model 60-3, 3 inch (purchased used) heavy barrel, for several years. It is unusual, I think, in that it has a heavy (no under lug) 3 inch barrel, bobbed hammer, DAO, there is no full cock notch on the hammer, and the serial number begins with three letters, as like BDV52XX.
Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

If anybody help me out in getting a better idea of what I'v got and a little history would be greatly appreciated.
I was told once that it may have law enforcement background, maybe, maybe not.

·
Premium Member
11,418 Posts
Product Code: 102318, 3" barrel, double-action only, Hogue synthetic grips, round butt, bobbed hammer. Model 60-3 2000 manufactured 1989

Product Code: 102320, 3" barrel, double-action only, Hogue synthetic grips, round butt, bobbed hammer, 2000 manufactured., 1989

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Nice looking revolver. I have never seen a model 60 like it. Most 3 inch model 60's have the underlug and adjustable sights. Yours looks like a miniature model 65.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking revolver. I have never seen a model 60 like it. Most 3 inch model 60's have the underlug and adjustable sights. Yours looks like a miniature model 65.
Thanks Forester,
When I bought it used it had the Hogue grips. I don't t like the rubber grips against my clothes,so I switched to the wood grip.

CB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts