Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife needed to do a little shopping this morning and our daughter was at rehearsal for her school musical. We drove together and hit three stores she needed to get Christmas presents at. We stopped at Helzberg Jewelers because they sent us an offer in the mail for a free pair of pearl earrings just for stopping in. We picked them up and we're going to stuff them in our daughter's stocking for Christmas.

Then we drove to the Ford dealer because I needed to have my radiator fluid topped off. I had them install an engine block heater (in got down into the teens last night) and I didn't want to mix Prestone 50/50 in with the Ford Motorcraft fluid. They topped it off for me while we waited.

Sitting in their showroom were two new Shelby GT500KR's....

I don't which color I like better. I'd take either if anyone would like to buy one for me for Christmas. Geez, I couldn't even afford the taxes on one!

On the way to our favorite restaurant for lunch (if we had to drive to the Ford dealer, we're eating lunch at our fav place because it's somewhat close the the dealership, which is a haul for us to make), we stopped off at another place to kill some time. We've been to The 94 Club (it used to be called the 94th Aerosquadron) several times and I really like how it is designed. The front door is thick and heavy oak that has a pully, rope, and sandbags to keep it closed. The restaurant looks like it's been bombed. It's right next to the Palwaukee Airport so there are the sounds of planes in the background. Somehow, I thought some of you would get a kick out it.

Then it was finally 11:30 am, which is when Bob Chinn's Crabhouse opens for lunch. We've been going to this restaurant for over two decades.

Absolutely the best seafood I've even had...anywhere. The sign says it all:

Their Florida grouper (grilled) is to die for. Their clam chowder is out of this world - thick and just awesome! My wife had the gumbo and I had the clam chowder. Even their garlic rolls are famous. It was a great lunch and a terrific day spent with my wife.

It was tempting to slap my Ruger LCP on the table and make the above pictures into meal protection pics, but I figured that would be a bad idea. I looked weird enough taking pictures of our food....

I went shooting yesterday on my Friday off and tomorrow is my work Christmas party. It's our daughter's last time to get a present from Santa, since she's 12 now and that's the cutoff age. We'll still go next year, but this will be special since she'll be a teenager soon.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Steve... as always, great photos. Looks like you had a great time. i would love to sit down and have a beer with you sometime! Looks like some great places to eat...
As far as the mustangs go... My dream car would have to come in a pair... a 1968 Mustang 500 KR, and the 40th anniversary 2008 mustand gt500kr. They didn't call them the "King of the Road" for nothing... i'll tell you what, i'll buy you the 2008 if you buy me the 1968! :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
32,471 Posts
That gumbo looks great. I make mine homemade, but I like to try other people's version.

Now I am hungry. LOL! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts