Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I became acquainted with an unfortunate older couple who lost their home and wound up in a 10 patient private home assisted living facility. I first got to know them back around January through my church and have been trying to assist them. They were estranged from the only family they have which is the husband's family, and lost contact several years ago. With my GF's help on the internet, we found and contacted one of the family members, who are all from Wisconsin, and have put them back in touch with each other. Now comes the hard part, they both have early stages of some form of dementia or memory loss and have trouble remembering things from time to time. Before this corona virus scare barred us from visiting them, I found out they both had firearms with them. The husband has a High Standard 2 shot, nickel plated .22 magnum derringer and the wife has a Taurus 941 8 shot SS revolver. I convinced them to let me keep them in my safe for security purposes and they told me they think they want me to sell them for them because they are basically indigent. The Taurus is a 2" with adjustable rear sight and red ramp front, in very nice condition and the derringer has pitting on the left side of the barrel, probably from laying inside a leather zip up case for God knows how long. Anyone want to venture a guess on a ballpark $ figure I can market these for? Even though it's a Taurus, the revolver looks like a very good gun, fired once at a range when they purchased it a few years ago. I tried Gunbroker but didn't see any exact comparisons.

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
Hey Blue,

Wonderful thing you are doing.

No guesses, here...

The Hi Standard 2 shooters used to be highly sought after... Reliable.

Later, Mark

Reactions: bluecar

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I found a 2 inch 941 that sold on GunsAmerica for 335.00. I don’t know about the HS.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I remember seeing those High Standard double derringers in the Army-Navy store when I was a teen-ager. I think they sold then for about $50.00.

However, I just did a search and came up with several for sale on Guns America. They ranged in price between $300 and $400, which sort of matches up with what I remember seeing a couple tagged for at Ali-Babba's. They sell quickly.

I can't imagine how loud those things must be in 22 Magnum out of that short barrel.

Reactions: SidecarFlip

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Probably like my Bond Snakeslayer with a 45 long Colt. Ear drum buster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts