Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elevation screw for integrated crimson trace laser fell out of pistol. Can't get response from crimson trace. Anybody know what size screw or where to get it? Smith and Wesson says call Crimson Trace because it's the laser. They don't answer phones because of covid and don't respond to emails. Guess I will order a variety of screws from Amazon and see if anything fits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes I did. Automated email response on third try. Responded with info requested and have heard nothing else. Finally ordered screws on Amazon that I hope will work. Hope there is somewhere that I can give Crimson Trace a bad review because of the lack of customer service. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
19,907 Posts
Hope there is somewhere that I can give Crimson Trace a bad review because of the lack of customer service.
Before you start writing bad reviews on a companies current customer service issues try having a little empathy for those working there that are trying their very best to keep up witha hectic work flow because the company is runnign short staffed because of this Covid mess.
Crimson Trace has an excellent reputation for taking care of thier customers, well above the current norms. They have excellent quality, and their Lasers are generally very reliable. Just because a screw fell out, and you're having some trouble getting a replacement isn't a reason to roast them.
Call or e-mail them again, leave a message and let them know how important it is to get the laser back into service. They will respond. How quickly I don't know, but they will.
It took me 4 weeks of constant messaaging to get a reply from S&W on an issue I had. My life doesn't depend on the gun so I was very patient. They are running at abou 30% normal staffing, and doing the best they can with what they have ot work with. I'm sureCT is in the same boat.

Simple questions for you here....Are you working? If so, how has your company faired during this Covid mess? I'm thinking it would be a pretty good bet that they're not running at 100%.
Patience is often a good thing, and restraint is even more valuable.

Reactions: Verminator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your response. I don't necessarily need an immediate solution. I can live without the laser, and I don't have a problem with empathy. But I would simply like to know what's going on, and that I'm not being ignored. I think they could do a better job from that standpoint. My part of the world has been opened back of for business for sometime, and I had no idea what they were going through. I am certainly not uncaring. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts