Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone misplaces things but this was particularly odd.

I couldn't find the sling for my AR15. Looked in the rifle bag, the safe and all the other rifle bags. Checked my range bags, gun stuff closet... nowhere. I figured I must have left it at the rifle club. Not there. Dang... it's gone. How could that be?

So... the yearly trek to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville was yesterday. Wife opens the YETI cooler and remarks: This isn't the right shoulder strap.

Do you have a lost and found story?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Lost and found? Ah ... yeah! Misplaced my Colt Hbar after a move. It was boxed and loaded in the car. Later at the new parsonage, I couldn't find it. A little over a year later I was moving some stuff out of a closet as my wife wanted some things in back. There, standing in the corner behind various houseware items was my Colt!!! It was like Christmas. Just so thankful and of course happy. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Don't feel bad. I misplaced a spotting scope a year ago and have no idea where I could have put it. I'm certain it wasn't left at a range: I have its tripod. All I know is I put it away last Fall and couldn't find it in the Spring.:unsure:

Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I lost my Baby Browning for over two years, even cleaned out my packed closet twice during that time lookin for it.
Then my waterbed heater went out, and when I was replacing it, there was my Baby.
Then I snapped that I had bought a leather rear pocket billfold lookin holster for it, and put it under the waterbed mattress to form the leather to the pistol. It was formed perfectly though.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I lost a good old wrought iron fry pan one time in a move. It never reappeared. My friend helped me do the move, so it wasn't stolen. It just left me. Never did find another one that worked like that one did.

OOPS - That was about as far off topic as it gets. Sorry. It's late at night and I'm tired.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I lost my wife's 10th anniversary Ruger LCP. We bought and took it to the range, it wouldn't shoot a single round without jamming so I sent it back to Ruger. I got it back a week later and swore it went in the safe. We scoured the house and cars because we never took it back to the range. After about 3 months of looking we were going to call the sheriff's department to report it. I went and grabbed the box to get the serial number and realized the box wasn't in the safe. I would bet a paycheck the box was in the safe so I looked in the safe and there was the empty box. Turns out when Ruger sent it back they sent it back in a new box, i now have 2 boxes for this gun. It was in the box on top of the safe not the one in the safe.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Never misplaced an actual gun, but a couple of years back I found myself searching for an old wooden cigar box that I kept various gun parts in (screws, springs, etc) and one day I needed something and for the life of me could NOT find the box in the metal file cabinet I keep in the garage with all my gun cleaning supplies. Exasperated, I finally gave up and found a way to get around whatever part I was looking for. Several months later I had my wife's car parked outside and was going through the storage shelves that are normally blocked by her car and decided it would be a good time to clear out any unneeded junk and reorganize things. I came across a new looking thin plastic parts organizer and wondered what it was, BINGO, my gun parts! I then remembered I had picked it up for a quarter at a neighborhood yard sale, transferred all of my gun parts into the convenient compartments, moved it over to the storage shelves and seemingly forgot about it! I know where it's at now, but from time to time, I move out all the vehicles and do an inventory of both sides of the garage shelves, who knows what I might find! :)

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
Never lost any gun stuff but.....We lost a diamond necklace once. That was in 1982. My ex-wife sold her old home(she got it in the divorce) and when cleaning out the coat closet she found it under a small carpet piece we kept on the floor for wet shoes and boots. That was in 2014. She called the insurance company and let them know she found it, and wanted to know if they wanted us to pay back what they paid beck when it was lost. they said no. It wasn't worth the amount of paperwork needed to get things back from the loss. My daughter now has that neckless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts