Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in possession of a 500 magnum bone collector, which was a limited run of 1000 with special finish and engravings. One of these engravings is the number out of 1000 it was, and it is missing on my revolver. People are telling me it’s more valuable because it’s missing the engraving, but I’m not sure, so I’m asking you guys. I read the rules and I don’t think this violates them, but if it does, please delete this. Thanks

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We get questions like this once in a while and the general consensus is that no, missing stamps do not add to the value, but if someone offered you twice what it is worth because they THINK it does, then go for it

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am in possession of a 500 magnum bone collector, which was a limited run of 1000 with special finish and engravings. One of these engravings is the number out of 1000 it was, and it is missing on my revolver. People are telling me it’s more valuable because it’s missing the engraving, but I’m not sure, so I’m asking you guys. I read the rules and I don’t think this violates them, but if it does, please delete this. Thanks
Send it back to S&W and have them make it right. Big Larry

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
Send it back to S&W and have them make it right. Big Larry
A while back someone posted a gun with a missing roll mark. It may have been a semi auto slide. The factory offered to fix it, but to most it isnt worth sending your gun away for 3 or 4 months

1 - 6 of 6 Posts