Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I squeaked one in under the wire.

Today I went across the road to the neighbor to brush out a path from the street to their propane tank. The delivery company has told them they couldn’t deliver anymore since there were a couple of dead trees down and some brush in the way. This is the same neighbor that gifted me the 1963 ‘94 a year or two ago. I shovel for them and just keep an eye on things. Early this fall I took down a couple of small trees in their front yard.

After clearing the path and taking care of the hazard trees, he came out and mentioned he found another gun that he thought I should have since I wouldn’t take any money. He promptly came over and delivered this beautiful M37 Featherlight in 12g

Near as I can tell, it’s from 1962

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I have it's twin. You scored a great shot gun. You are a good neighbor.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Fantastic! That is a bird killin' machine. Good luck with it.
My bird hunting buddy used to have one of those. The gun had a 20" barrel with one of those gawd-awful ugly Polychokes on it. Matt flat wore that gun out. He's the only guy I ever knew that actually wore out a shotgun, but he did it. When he laid it to rest, you could point it straight up and the slide would fall and all the shells would barf out on the ground. He hunted with it like that for two seasons before he decided that it wasn't going to heal itself and bought a Browning BPS.

·
Super Moderator
19,363 Posts
I love the idea of neighbors taking care of each other, especially when not looking for something in return, or for self centered rewards. You have been a good neighbor to this gentleman, and he has shared some of his good fortune with you.
That is the kind of care we should share every day of the year. Kudos on your kindness, and the same for your reward.

Regards,
Gregory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts