Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

'We can declare policing as we know it a thing of the past'
Several Minneapolis council members are reportedly considering altogether "disbanding" the city's police department in the wake of George Floyd's death and the subsequent protests and riots that have erupted across the country in recent days.
"I don't know yet, though several of us on the council are working on finding out, what it would take to disband the [Minneapolis Police Department] and start fresh with a community-oriented, non-violent public safety and outreach capacity," said Steve Fletcher, a council member who represents the city's Ward 3, which covers parts of downtown, on Twitter.

Elsewhere in the lengthy thread, Fletcher argues that the city's police department is "irredeemably beyond reform," and that the community needs a new type of pubic safety that doesn't "fear our residents" and doesn't "murder black men."
"The whole world is watching, and we can declare policing as we know it a thing of the past," he wrote.

According to the City Pages, a local news outlet, fellow council member Phillipe Cunningham retweeted the thread.
Another council member, Alondra Cano, also spoke out, tweeting that the police department is "not reformable" and that "change is coming."

City Pages notes that some in the council have been attempting to reform law enforcement in the city for years. In 2018, the council voted to divert $1.1 million in police funding toward "community-driven public safety programs."
But now, given the unrest over Floyd's death, some council members believe even more change is within reach.
Earlier in the week, the council unanimously approved a Minnesota Department of Human Rights investigation into the police department and wrote in a statement:
"We urge the state to use its full weight to hold the Minneapolis Police Department accountable for any and all abuses of power and harms to our community and stand ready to aid in this process as full partners. The City Council's oversight of the Minneapolis Police Department has been historically constrained by the City Charter and state law and we welcome new tools to pursue transformational, structural changes to how the City provides for public safety."
Several other council members have also been outspoken since Floyd's death sparked nationwide protests against police brutality in black communities.
Last week, Council Vice President Andrea Jenkins asked the city to declare a state of emergency labeling racism a public health issue.
Another council member, Jeremiah Ellison, who is the son of Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, raised eyebrows when he officially declared support for Antifa and instead blamed violence at the protests on "white power" terrorists.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
When you're being attacked by a droopy pants thug.........try calling a droopy pants thug for help.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
The voters will fix the moron progressive folks..let them live in their newly progressive neighborhoods. We know how this is going to go..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Good enough. Let them enjoy 'Juicy Lucy' burgers all they want, while they still can. Who wants a cop around anyway? Unless they're off duty, cops tend to put a real damper on parties.... ;)

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Ah... politicians always "know better"...

What will they do? How far down the road to Detroit will they get before it's stopped? Perhaps we can watch the worker's utopia rise on the horizon? Or is that the city immolating itself...?

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Oh... and just to put this a bit more into perspective... Biden's campaign staff members are donating money to bail out the few violent anarchist rioters that police actually took into custody.

Nice one Joe! It would be "malarkey" if it were not so tragic...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Please do this. PLEASE disband police departments. All week, I've been railing about the general lack of action from the citizenry, and every time someone responds, it's some variant of 'well, of course the cities will burn, we knew that already, but the mobs won't come outside of those enclaves into rural areas'....the inference is, people aren't going to step up until this problem is on their own doorstep, they're willing to let cities burn as long as it doesn't come near them. So much for civic duty.

This is simple math. If everyone sits on their duffs while city-bound conservatives are subjugated, then there won't be the NUMBERS in the rural areas to contain this later. We're in our TENTH night of this BS now. Rural living might be very desirable, but those living rural aren't a majority. So let's disband police departments, so we can see just how far out of the cities this can spread. It might finally move people to action, when they see rural communities picked off 1 or 2 or 3 at a time. Letting the cities fall also accelerates this process...when there's no more booze, smokes, narcotics, KFC, TV's, and other property to steal or destroy, and when the number of women to assault has declined because they've all fled, where do you think these mobs are going to turn their attention to? Yes, please, disband the police. If they're going to KNEEL to these mobs anyway, they're not of much use to anyone. Any cop kneeling to the mob should have been fired immediately, anyway.

I'll just leave this here: Watch from about 5:30...this is the future if people don't wake up.

[MEDIA]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Let Minneapolis lead the way, someone has to, and I'll explain my thought process behind that sentiment;
I once believed the move "Idiocracy" (2006) was a comedy, and actually pretty funny, since of course it could never happen. Later, I sort of came to view it as a documentary and was saddened by the prospect, but still figured a comfortably low % chance of it really full on happening, right?

I now am convinced that it was neither, but no less than a literal Prophecy, foretelling our destiny to an inescapable certainty. In fact, I think we should be looking for the teenager who will be one day elected as President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho...

Because I believe our rate of descent to "Idiocracy" to be only only a decade or less away...

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
LA is talking removing $250 million from police. One billion from NYPD.
I'm not sure how much it really matters in New York. Police can arrest criminals but there is no bail required for most crimes so the criminals are immediately back on the streets.

-----

Bail reform laws let alleged criminals back on the streets within hours, threatening public security

Hundreds of looters and rioters arrested by the New York Police Department over the past several days have been immediately released due to the state's new bail-reform law that some say is turning the criminal justice process into a mockery and threatening public safety.

New York City police chief Terrance Monahan said "just about all" of the looters arrested will be released without bail.

Frustrated law enforcement officials across the state say repeat offenders are getting bolder by the day and claim the state's policy gives lawbreakers the green light to commit crimes without consequences.

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
By doinbg this, of course, the Left hopes to establish the need for a military gestapo-like force that will destroy all of those whom they consider to be an enemy.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
If they do that they hand ANTIFA a HUGE victory and the rest of the States can expect more riot's in it's cities. The start of another Civil War.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts