Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Minneapolis City Council unanimously approved a proposal to eliminate the city's police department Friday, initiating steps toward establishing a new "holistic" approach to public safety.

Several Minneapolis City Council members who have received death threats following their calls to defund the police after the death of George Floyd have been assigned private security details -- reportedly costing the city $4,500 a day in taxpayer dollars.

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
I'm sure it will be interesting and not in a good way either. Can you imagine calling 911 and no one answers or if they do they will instruct you to 'just deal with it'. Then if a person come out, probably will be an unarmed social worker. That will go over big. The social worker will get mugged too.

Sure am glad I live in rural America.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

Blackwater / Xe Services / Academi ???

·
Premium Member
10,239 Posts
Since competitive bidding was likely dispensed with, you can be confident that "AntiFa Security Services" will soon become profitable and proliferate.

Since they are not impacted by traditional police training, there is much to fear unless you are their paymasters.

Thus, "be afraid, be very afraid" will apply to all those soon to be disarmed through government fiat.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Is anyone surprised? I'm certainly not. They can defund the police and strip us of gun rights endangering our safety, but they are too important to be without protection - at our expense.

Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I'm sure the police are glad the officials have their own security. If I was a police officer, I'd be ashamed to be tasked with protecting one of them, and being their driver to boot. Hopefully, the special security people are poorly trained.

·
Super Moderator
31,858 Posts
I can just imagine the private security...not important to me just a paycheck, all I have to do is say I did my best and them to prove otherwise when I don't give a "crap" if they live or die and act accordingly...

Most all LEOs are dedicated to their community, someone you bring in as a hired hand may not care in the least.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just another way to pizz away tax dollars. Typical Democrat playlist.
It strikes me as a little larger than the usual "dems pizzing away tax dollars"... Much larger...

They should pay for it out of their own pockets.
I pretty much doubt they pay for anything out of their own pockets, not even the crack or crack ho's they buy from BLM. But honestly, if this is what the people of Minneapolis want, let them have it! But no federal money at all, nothing. Under any circumstances. Set a deadly force perimeter around the city limits and keep them in there for a solid year after they beg for help. Why the extra year? To make sure the lesson sticks, and for a looong time...

·
Registered
9,095 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
^^^^ But, but, .... but ^^^^ black lives matter -- to someone.
Not to this guy, not anymore, ENOUGH! That's okay though, I have a feeling the "all out" shooting will start pretty soon, then we'll see, won't we? (Hey, we can bury Covid dead, we can bury CWII dead just as well...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts