Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I was doing was minding my own business...

Went to the Cabela's in Scarborough Maine. Didn't have a real reason to go. Just a stop on a ride home. So I went to the Gun Library...mostly because I can browse and be safe. Nothing in there I can afford... ;)

Looking at the BP guns and something made me look down at a shelf way down on floor level.

There for $599 was a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Or so it says.... :mrgreen:

Nice high 90's percent gun. And a early one.........

Seeing as it had only a 5 digit serial number. Oh, and it was a three screw....
Didn't notice any ears before the rear sight either... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Giz, as you and I both know, that's no Super.
At the price, if it's a 3-digit .44 magnum, you'd better have bought it... :eek:
Don

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
onenut58 said:
Well where is the picture
Gonna have to wait a few weeks. Cabela's is a cash on the barrelhead operation. I wanted to take it home with me right then and there...but they have this thing about payin' in full first.... :mrgreen:

Anyrate, did learn that they want 25 % down just to hold a gun.... :eek:

giz

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Giz, It's been a few years since I've been to Scarborough, where did they build the Cabela's? I used to stay at the motel end of the main road to Pine Point. Nice place to stay right by the beach..............right on the oceanfront! Plus, great seafood in several restuarants, along the road. Have you tried that huge restuarant about 1/4 mile before the motel and beaches? I may go back there in a couple of weeks. ;) Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob,

They opened the Cabela's last year. Great store and a big draw for the town of Scarborough. Plus, it gives you a good excuse to come up to Maine :mrgreen:

Haven't spent anytime down in the area you described...sounds nice.

Giz

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Giz,

I am concerned about your sense of direction. :shock: We shot together in Auburn yesterday and I'm pretty sure that Scarborough is nearly in the opposite direction of your place!

In any case, good on you! The gun room there can be a spot to find a gem or two. I have found on more than one occasion, they had no idea what they were really selling.

Can't wait to shoot your new score...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts