Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Back in 1964 They were offered for just $20.00 each and I did not get one as I did not feel that the M-1 Carbine was worth that much. I met some Korean War Vets that had tried to use them against the Chinese Hoards and were not happy with having to shoot the enemy soldiers several times in the chest to stop them. Every time I see a M-1 Carbine selling for over $1000 I wonder why and why I did not order one at $20.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
The carbine was never meant to be a primary battle rifle. We still had some in AF Security as they were still rolling out M16s when I went through training (‘68). I liked shooting it. We spent about 2 days with them in case we ended up assigned to one of the smaller outfits that hadn’t been upgraded. I never thought seriously about buying one until they hit the $400 range. I thought then, it wasn’t worth the nostalgia value and passed on it. If one kinda fell into my lap, I’d love it. But, I have better things to spend money on.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
172 Posts
For those prices I'll keep rockin my Universal.

Reactions: BlackBat242

·
Registered
17,213 Posts

·
Registered
17,213 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Back in 1964 They were offered for just $20.00 each and I did not get one as I did not feel that the M-1 Carbine was worth that much. I met some Korean War Vets that had tried to use them against the Chinese Hoards and were not happy with having to shoot the enemy soldiers several times in the chest to stop them. Every time I see a M-1 Carbine selling for over $1000 I wonder why and why I did not order one at $20.
First one I bought was a very minty Winchester around 1998 for $199. The last one I bought was a museum quality National Postal Meter for $750 in 2013. Now ask me how bad divorce lawyers suck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Inland & rock-o-la were priced at $1,000 each higher than I paid at a shop in 2016/17. Now can’t afford to shoot’em locally $1.75 a round

1 - 14 of 14 Posts