Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called midway this morning to request some help picking out some new sights. I wanted to get a tang sight and globe sight for my highwall. I'd like to be able leave the factory rear sight in place as low as it'll go. Well anyway they don't have time for coustomer service or phone orders. So it's time to
Call someone else.
Cliff

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Did you go online? You DO know there's this virus thing going around and many places are severely short0staffed? Most even say on their site they will not be answering phones so they can get orders out. But, you're free to spend your money elsewhere. Good luck; hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Just so you know, I emailed a windows place because all I was getting was voicemails with no response.. I got a call today. Gal said due to the virus, the local places are backed up and I probably won't get a call return for 30 days... Just sayin'!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Abby's Dad, no ---- . I had no idea about a virus. DO YOU REALIZE unlike some people I don't know it all. If they can't staff their coustomer service lines they need to start a lawn service.

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Well, I went on line a moment ago and placed an order in about 10 seconds; fast and easy, no fuss, no muss.

I guess, according to you, every gun business should be mowing lawns because ALL of them are shortstaffed, overloaded with orders and trying their best to get stuff in and out the doors.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Called midway this morning to request some help picking out some new sights. I wanted to get a tang sight and globe sight for my highwall. I'd like to be able leave the factory rear sight in place as low as it'll go.
Not a good idea--early Lyman catalogs expressly advised removing rear sight if one of their tang sights was installed, because anything in the line of sight between tang & front sight is a visual distraction.

If you're talking about an original HW, Midway has nothing to sell that wouldn't be an eyesore to put on it, & I doubt that anyone on their staff has more than a superficial knowledge of what correct sights for it would be. If you're talking about a repro, there are many makers of quality sights, just depends on how much you can afford to spend; Montana Vintage is a good place to start looking.

Can tell you this without hesitation: for a globe, there's nothing cheaper, & few better, than a Lyman 17a bought on ebay, unless you MUST have one with windage adjustment; but they're a nuisance, I can tell you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, I placed an order, supposed to get free shipping. No Way, said free shipping didnt start until the NEXT day. :( Getting too big for their britches. There ARE other choices. They have seen the last of my money after 40 years. :((n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Yeah, I placed an order, supposed to get free shipping. No Way, said free shipping didnt start until the NEXT day. :( Getting too big for their britches. There ARE other choices. They have seen the last of my money after 40 years. :((n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)
Then you better tell them that or they won't even know...........

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
..........or care either.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Called midway this morning to request some help picking out some new sights. I wanted to get a tang sight and globe sight for my highwall. I'd like to be able leave the factory rear sight in place as low as it'll go. Well anyway they don't have time for coustomer service or phone orders. So it's time to
Call someone else.
Cliff
BROWNELL'S is #1.....!

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
I could never get a catalog from Midway so......Brownell's
Print catalogs are out of date by the time you get it in the mail; best way is to get their email offers

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Print catalogs are out of date by the time you get it in the mail; best way is to get their email offers
Right; the internet is Midway's "catalog." However, I still get so-called "sale" catalogs, in which the discount is too insignificant to matter, unless you were just getting ready to order at the regular price.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not shilling for any of these companies but, Brownells has a very limited supply of parts for S&W auto pistols in stock. Everytime I go there, no matter what I'm looking for, they never have it in stock. Midway has a much larger in stock selection and when they don't have it I go to Numrich gun parts. Neither of the latter two companies have ever left me without what I need when I need it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts