Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,996 Posts
?? Not at this farm. No drugs, no booze and no shitte either...
So when you were talking being glad where you lived in reference to drug cartels you meant your house. Now I understand. No Cartels operating from my living room either. Though... I am growing suspicious of what's being trafficked through my property. Something white being carried on fanny packs?

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 6.59.16 AM.png

·
Premium Member
5,996 Posts
Which is why the "War on Drugs" has been going on unsuccessfully for decades!
It's a dilemma on all points. Bush invading Afghanistan is a classic example.

The Bush administration was airing anti-terrorism TV ads in context of the drug trade. They portrayed Joe American businessman buying a dime bag in a bar as supporting the drug trade which in turn helps fund terrorism. 100% true. But when Bush invaded Afghanistan (the Taliban had nearly eradicated poppy production) he was faced with a rural population with no economy absent poppy production. The decision was made to look the other way. The result was poppy production soared to record levels flooding the world with cheap heroin.

Notice the 2001 production near zero, then enters Bush. Too be blunt, the Bush administration enabled a narco state post Taliban, and it's been that way through the Obama years and Trump administration so far.

Afghan_opium_survey-01.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
Gosh, that looks like a production / consumption curve for alcohol sales after the Eighteenth constitutional amendment into the 1920's. It took the 21st Amendment to get things back into control again.

By 1934, we had well funded organized criminal gangs nationwide ready to move on to other profitable pursuits.

With our "War on Drugs" we have well funded terrorist organizations in South America, Mexico, the Middle East, Europe and the United States.

I guess Prohibition never works.... unless you're a violent criminal.

So... Liberal plan "B" - Apply various forms of Prohibition to guns, American gun ownership and liberty oriented American gun owners?

That ought to work out...

·
Premium Member
5,996 Posts
I guess Prohibition never works.... unless you're a violent criminal.
Depends on the level of enforcement brutality. Most cultures are not willing to slaughter offenders, so enforcement doesn't work. Taliban banned poppy production and enforced it by cutting off heads. It worked. Anything less is less than effective. That's just the reality of it.

We're willing to spend money and do enforcement dog and pony shows for media consumption. Doesn't work. I don't see that changing nor do I think Americans want to live under a regime brutal enough to effectively enforce our drug prohibition laws. Which of course begs the question... why have the laws? Never ending debate.

·
Premium Member
16,685 Posts
I'd do it one better. For all of those who are on the stuff and want to just stay on it, I'd set up a nice big facility in a warm clime and have the police give each of the users a free transport ticket there. There would be a secured facility with all the user's favorite drugs and all the paraphernalia to self adminster. Then let 'em go at it until they croak themselves and shovel 'em out the into the back into a interment area. Once the people on the s___ find out there are no safety nets for lettin'go they will begin to want to save themselves and they would be able to go that route. Once. They'd only get a ticket after that.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Where's General Pershing when we need him?
The cartels practice a silver or lead philosophy. They give a 100x more silver than giving lead. They own Congressmen and other federal officials, including a past AG - Holder and Fast&Furious. We’re not going to get a General Pershing unless he is a rogue officer.
We have had US troops guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan. There are record numbers of military contractors there. They are protecting the opium production.
There is a strong argument the reason we invaded Afghanistan was the Taliban was destroying the heroin and opium business. Too many American elite were making hundreds of millions in the drug business out of Afghanistan. The Taliban was a tremendous damper to the business. Now they are in the heroin business too to finance their war against the US.
The rumors of Clinton and the drug business is based on fact. Research the Dyncorp International. They ran drugs into Arkansas in the 80s and 90s.
They are a huge military contractor in Afghanistan. Why would anyone doubt they aren’t doing the same thing with their planes and personnel coming out of Asscrackistan?
They do things the military won’t do for the CIA. Christians in Action have used drug smuggling for personal gain and to finance black ops since the Vietnam war.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
The cartels run Mexico, their so-called gov't is a sham (sort of like the royal family in England), to deal w/ speeches, photo ops & other useless nonsense. The cartels own Mexico & are getting a foothold here, yet there are those here so clueless they want to ignore it & hope it goes away...
Foothold? Their holdings and influence here is far more than a foothold. Cartel leaders like El Chapo have their bosses too. They are just the highest level soldadoes serving masters who protect them.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Drugs, the United States, the CIA? How deep are we willing to go, because it’s deep and ugly. I’ve said here before that when my dad was Chief of Police in my hometown in the early to mid-70’s, he was personally knocking down more drug traffickers from Mexico than the DEA Task Force and he paid a price for it. He told me long ago that if the drug trade was suddenly brought to a halt, the U.S. economy would almost immediately falter due to the sheer amounts of money this nation of ours depends on. The CIA has always had a hand in these things, along with treasures (Gold, emeralds, cash), much of it likely to fund their ‘off the books’ operations. I’m certain I’ll sound crazy in these assertions, but do some deep research into a location in New Mexico where a seeker of legendary Spanish gold that had been cached, which he found, but somehow suddenly was put off limits by the government. Further, in the 70’s a national story of a reporter for the “Arizona Republic”, Don Bolles was killed by a bomb placed under his car. The semi-official explanation is that he was killed for insulting a local ‘Liquor baron’ in published articles, but there are many holes in that story. A somewhat deeper explanation comes from a reporter (Don Devereux), who was closely investigating the crime and years later discovered Bolles’ was working on a story about the CIA pulling out gold and drugs from the “Golden Triangle” in Southeast Asia at the tail end of the Viet Nam war and bringing them into the Marana AZ air field, which was known to be a CIA landing spot. A man from my city who looked just like Devereux was clearly assassinated just near Devereux’s home, way across the Phoenix Metro valley from me, just after Devereux got a call from a friend in the intelligence world warning him of a hit. Coincidence?

The point I’m trying to make is I don’t trust any Federal agency, they lie, they steal, they cheat and sadly, I’m of the belief they will actually kill if necessary to carry out their intended tasks. Mexican Drug cartels have held sway over American politicians at every level, likely all the way to the White House because of the incredibly large amounts of money they can offer. I think my old dad was right and it’s not something I’m happy about.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Blackcloud2, I don’t know when you reached your turning point but I did when friends working as expatriates for military contractors told me what was happening in AFG and IR. Around 2005 a lot of things started to make sense once I started seeing through the government deceit.
Be careful what you say. The sheeple are purposefully conditioned to ignore the truth and say conspiracy theory.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Drugs, the United States, the CIA? How deep are we willing to go, because it’s deep and ugly. I’ve said here before that when my dad was Chief of Police in my hometown in the early to mid-70’s, he was personally knocking down more drug traffickers from Mexico than the DEA Task Force and he paid a price for it. He told me long ago that if the drug trade was suddenly brought to a halt, the U.S. economy would almost immediately falter due to the sheer amounts of money this nation of ours depends on. The CIA has always had a hand in these things, along with treasures (Gold, emeralds, cash), much of it likely to fund their ‘off the books’ operations. I’m certain I’ll sound crazy in these assertions, but do some deep research into a location in New Mexico where a seeker of legendary Spanish gold that had been cached, which he found, but somehow suddenly was put off limits by the government. Further, in the 70’s a national story of a reporter for the “Arizona Republic”, Don Bolles was killed by a bomb placed under his car. The semi-official explanation is that he was killed for insulting a local ‘Liquor baron’ in published articles, but there are many holes in that story. A somewhat deeper explanation comes from a reporter (Don Devereux), who was closely investigating the crime and years later discovered Bolles’ was working on a story about the CIA pulling out gold and drugs from the “Golden Triangle” in Southeast Asia at the tail end of the Viet Nam war and bringing them into the Marana AZ air field, which was known to be a CIA landing spot. A man from my city who looked just like Devereux was clearly assassinated just near Devereux’s home, way across the Phoenix Metro valley from me, just after Devereux got a call from a friend in the intelligence world warning him of a hit. Coincidence?

The point I’m trying to make is I don’t trust any Federal agency, they lie, they steal, they cheat and sadly, I’m of the belief they will actually kill if necessary to carry out their intended tasks. Mexican Drug cartels have held sway over American politicians at every level, likely all the way to the White House because of the incredibly large amounts of money they can offer. I think my old dad was right and it’s not something I’m happy about.
Barry Seal
Roger Clinton
Vince Foster
Webster Hubbel
Bill and Hillary Clinton
Mena Airport
Park on Meter
Arkansas Development Finance Authority (ADFA)

These names and many more in a tidy outline are found here: Arkansas Connections: A Time-line of the Clinton Years by Sam Smith

Don't read it if you don't want to know.

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
Transferring wealth to the Federal government to manage, administer, allocate, distribute and conserve makes the grossly defective assumption that the career bureaucrats that have essentially lifetime guaranteed federal jobs and the real ability to counteract even the most mild attempts at management and control are actually competent.

That and that there is a possibility that they may not actually have an agenda.

A political agenda... A personal agenda...
[HR][/HR]A smaller government is a more efficient government, and much less likely to participate in corrupt practices.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mexico has become a failed country (33,000 annual murders, population around 35 million), controlled by the cartels, with corrupt police. I have a 56 year relationship with Mexico (I lived there for 8 years, then visited one to three times annually for about 40 years.) I stopped going to Mexico after I observed guys with machine guns and masks all over the place. I am afraid of a guy with a machine gun and a mask, uniform or not.

Here are the reasons:

In the 1980s, Mexico disarmed the civilians. When I lived in Mexico in the 1960s, I estimate that 1/3 of adult males carried a pistol. The cartels could not take power, because the citizens would shoot the criminals. Now, disarmed, it is impossible for the normal good Mexican person to resist the criminal efforts of the cartels. Of course, the criminals have no problems arming themselves. Obama and Holder helped to arm the cartels with Operation Fast & Furious. That strikes me as treasonous, and certainly not in the best interests of anybody, except the cartels. Bars are mostly controlled by cartels. Kidnapping (long term, bleeding extended families dry) are a significant growth industry. Drugs provide huge revenues for the cartels. Legalize drugs, that revenue stream is denied to the cartels.

The second factor is the low pay of the police. Police do not get paid enough to lead normal, middle class lives. If they want to lead a middle class life, they must accept bribes.

Mexico needs to once again make guns readily accessible to the ordinary population, so that they can resist the cartels. They need to increase the pay for police, find the cops who took bribes and jail them, execute many of the bribery kingpins, and fire all corrupt cops and military guys.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Mexico needs to once again make guns readily accessible to the ordinary population, so that they can resist the cartels. They need to increase the pay for police, find the cops who took bribes and jail them, execute many of the bribery kingpins, and fire all corrupt cops and military guys.
All true, but it'll probably take a regime change to do it.

·
Premium Member
16,685 Posts
All true, but it'll probably take a regime change to do it.
With everything they manage to tolerate now, they will also need a population change.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
I see the cult is leaving Mexico after 50 plus years of living there and coming back to the USA Being Mormons, I wonder if Mitt will take them in? Probably not. He's a RHINO and a MINO (Mormon in name only).

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Animals are in charge in Mexico. They have huge influence in the US. The problem is people here in the US refuse to call animals animals because they think it’s racist and deny the animals have power here in the US.
The only way for animals to be controlled is eliminating them.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
People, women and children were killed in cold blood, then allowed to burn in their car if they were still alive. These animals are all over Mexico and the US. In some national forests you can’t go hiking because the animals are there smuggling drugs or growing pot.
Latin gangs/cartels are involved in dope, human trafficking, pedophilia, computer crimes, bribing gov’t officials, etc.
These animals are degrading our way of life. Look what they have done to Mexico.
I live in a very modest neighborhood that has illegals galore moving in. A few families are good Christian people but they keep their mouths shut and ignore the descent of the neighborhood into a 3rd world ghetto.
I’m seeing young kids, barely old enough to drive, in new F250 Diesel 4WD trucks, cruising the neighborhood.
They didn’t get the money to buy them working at McDonalds.

·
Premium Member
5,996 Posts
Drugs or water?

Blow are excerpts from this link. https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-new-twist-in-the-horrific-massacre-of-american-mormon-moms-and-kids-in-mexico

One possibility now being reported in Mexico is that the killings are linked to an ongoing series of violent clashes between the LeBarons and an alliance of local farmers over land and water rights in the semi-desert of northwestern Chihuahua.

The farming collective is called El Barzón. Its dispute with the Mormon clan over local aquifers goes back some six decades, and had escalated dramatically over the last few years. The farmers accuse the family of syphoning “excessive” amounts of water from rivers and vital aquifers for the commercial cultivation of maguey, nopal, and walnut trees, leaving nearby communities without enough water for subsistence farming.

Mexico’s National Water Commission (CONAGUA) also alleges the LeBarons’ have sunk hundreds of illegal wells on their properties. They also have reservoirs allegedly bulldozed to hold water diverted from local rivers, leaving little or nothing for indigenous communities downstream.

In one high-profile investigation, in November of 2017, CONAGUA found a dozen illegal drainages on a single property, the La Mojina ranch, owned by Julian and Joel LeBaron. In another case, local politician Alexander LeBaron was accused of using his influence to grant 395 water concessions to family members and illegal strawman companies. He flatly denied the accusation. But the resulting strain on the Carmen River Basin and Flores Magón aquifer reportedly left some 900 families in the region without sufficient water.

In April of 2018, more than 100 members of El Barzón invaded the LeBaron family ranch at La Mora to protest the diminished water table. They destroyed property, crops, and vehicles and, when they refused to disperse, LeBaron family members reportedly opened fire on them. At least one LeBaron and five campesinos (small farmers) were wounded in the clash.

In the aftermath, Julian LeBaron told a Mexican newspaper that he and his family were prepared “take justice into our own hands” against the campesinos. Shortly thereafter Barzón leaders publicly announced that they’d received death threats from the LeBarons. A few months later, in June of 2018, two members of the ejido were murdered, supposedly for “protecting water rights.” The crimes remain unsolved.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts