Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23,360 Posts
I bet most of those wanting "Medical" marijuana would change their mind if a medical marijuana card meant giving up their drivers license & guns. Those w/ cancer, etc. needing relief would (& I certainly wouldn't begrudge them) but most would discover their pain suddenly wasn't as bad.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Not to be rude but what kind of nincompoop would use a drug that stays in your system for 30-60 days & think they're safe w/ a gun, car, heavy machinery? Marijuana is against federal law no matter what the state laws allow, federal law overrules state. You can't claim to be a good law-abiding gun owner & blatantly violate federal law. By the same token I hope everyone is clever enough to not mix alcohol w/ guns, cars, etc. as well as prescription meds that may affect your safety. For the record I don't use any alcohol or drugs (legal or illegal) 12 all & usually have a gun handy.
Heh...heh...he said "token".....

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
There are many ways to enjoy the benefits of THC without smoking marijuana. I know people who benefit from its pain killing qualities and I know some that just like it. If eating a cookie, or rubbing some oil infused with THC on a particular spot can ease chronic pain then why not. In a world where doctors prescribe opiates for hangnails why not allow someone suffering from chemo or severe arthritic pain to get some relief? Every substance we have on this earth is abused by someone. To not reap the medicinal benefits of something is foolish.

·
Super Moderator
33,729 Posts
There are many ways to enjoy the benefits of THC without smoking marijuana. I know people who benefit from its pain killing qualities and I know some that just like it. If eating a cookie, or rubbing some oil infused with THC on a particular spot can ease chronic pain then why not. In a world where doctors prescribe opiates for hangnails why not allow someone suffering from chemo or severe arthritic pain to get some relief? Every substance we have on this earth is abused by someone. To not reap the medicinal benefits of something is foolish.
That is my take on it as well. Pretty much every drug and chemical on Earth is used somehow in positive ways medicinal and otherwise with many having more side effects and adverse issues with them but pot is the evil incarnate substance in existence and has no use to the effect that it is banned?

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
How Did Marijuana Become Illegal in the First Place?

How Did Marijuana Become Illegal in the First Place? | Drug Policy Alliance

The demonization of the cannabis plant was an extension of the demonization of the Mexican immigrants. In an effort to control and keep tabs on these new citizens, El Paso, TX borrowed a play from San Francisco’s playbook, which had outlawed opium decades earlier in an effort to control Chinese immigrants. The idea was to have an excuse to search, detain and deport Mexican immigrants.

That excuse became marijuana.

This method of controlling people by controlling their customs was quite successful, so much so that it became a national strategy for keeping certain populations under the watch and control of the government.

During hearings on marijuana law in the 1930’s, claims were made about marijuana’s ability to cause men of color to become violent and solicit sex from white women. This imagery became the backdrop for the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 which effectively banned its use and sales.

While the Act was ruled unconstitutional years later, it was replaced with the Controlled Substances Act in the 1970’s which established Schedules for ranking substances according to their dangerousness and potential for addiction. Cannabis was placed in the most restrictive category, Schedule I, supposedly as a place holder while then President Nixon commissioned a report to give a final recommendation.

The Schafer Commission, as it was called, declared that marijuana should not be in Schedule I and even doubted its designation as an illicit substance. However, Nixon discounted the recommendations of the commission, and marijuana remains a Schedule I substance.

Opponents of medical marijuana regulations claim that there is not enough research to warrant medicinal use, but supporters of medical marijuana point to the 5000 years of history where cannabis was widely used as evidence for its medical efficacy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as you can see now many States are legalizing this product and it is becoming more and more interesting because in this business there are not all sellers who can buy quality products. Personally, I use the services of a reliable seller who offers Top Rated CBD For Pain and this is not all that is in this store. I believe that these oils should be more widely distributed in our country because people need effective medicine and they deserve it. СBD oils are a great way to fight pain

·
Registered
15,967 Posts
Good question Phil..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
More likely to do something stupid with a gun....

...if I'm high, or......

.....if I'm drunk. But being drunk with a gun is just fine, right?

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
More likely to do something stupid with a gun....

...if I'm high, or......

.....if I'm drunk. But being drunk with a gun is just fine, right?
Being drunk (or under the influence of any drug) with a firearm is still illegal as far as I know. Any amount of alcohol with a gun is a no-no. The issue with mary jane is that it remains in the system days and weeks after you smoke. If you have a marijuana card, it must be assumed you are using on a regular basis. How impaired you might be standing next to me on the firing line is anyone's guess.

Now I tried the stuff 50 years ago and determined I'd rather have a beer. I have no experience with modern medical marijuana. As usual, laws are slow to change. I can see a day when allowances will be made for a certain blood level as there is a justifiable use for medical marijuana. That's to be determined.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I have equal experience with both. I didn't expect the inexperienced to understand. One is calming and the other tends to make a person more aggressive and less inhibited, depending on how much you consume.

If it's effects that one wishes to discuss I'll point out that it's alcohol that is involved in many if not most domestic abuse cases.

But the point is about laws. Possession of one substance will prevent you from owning a firearm, the other not.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Thank you. I don't partake in either one now. I'd try the weed again for it's effects on my hypertension (since it's sort of legal here now), but I value my 2A rights such as they are.

I've come to the conclusion though that my life was never enhanced by drugs or alcohol. It just seemed like it at the time. What it did best was drain my wallet.

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
I have equal experience with both. I didn't expect the inexperienced to understand. One is calming and the other tends to make a person more aggressive and less inhibited, depending on how much you consume.

If it's effects that one wishes to discuss I'll point out that it's alcohol that is involved in many if not most domestic abuse cases.

But the point is about laws. Possession of one substance will prevent you from owning a firearm, the other not.
Yep, you never see stoners starting aggressive fights in bars; they just overload Pizza Hut and Dominoes delivery guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
For sure, it’s wrong to use guns and marijuana if they destroy somebodie’s life. So, I don’t understand for what you need in these licenses. From the other hand, you’ll be right if say that it’s not my business. But I would recommend thinking twice before to get these licenses. I don’t think that marijuana can bring any benefits. Only if it is used in the medical sphere. Not so long time ago I found out that CBD hemp oil can be useful for our cats. I have a cat and the veterinarian recommended me to use CBD oils for her anxiety relief. I could find some useful information about it at 5 Best CBD Oil for Cats (With Anxiety) - Exclusive Coupons and I decided to try Medterra. I can say it really works when your pet is in anxiety. Since then, I know that hemp can be good even for pets.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Seems like, it's always some democrat held state that goes legal on mary jane....

The dem's 'long con' to gun control.....There ain't no free lunches folks.

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
I predict that pot will be legal all over the country within a few years. It's coming.
So? If someone wants to smoke pot int heir own home, who am I or you to say no otherwise?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weeding Out Guns: Why It?s Illegal To Have Both - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Oklahoma just past laws making medical Marijuana legel in the State. Now this:

If you own a gun and are hoping to get a medical marijuana license -- think again.
Having both violates federal law. Simply put, Oklahomans are not going to be able to legally have both. That's because the federal law views people with a medical marijuana card as someone who is an "unlawful user" or someone "addicted to a controlled substance."
I agree that medical marijuana should be legalized throughout the United States, because it really helps in difficult situations, and there are a lot of positive reviews and recovered patients. But unfortunately, not in all states it is legalized and this is very frustrating, and you have to buy it through untrusted persons and somehow bypass the law. In DC it is very difficult to buy it and I was looking for how to get it and fortunately I came across one excellent article like this How To Buy Legal Weed In D.C. | Dispensary & Delivery Quick Start Guide, which solved my problem , I advise you to read

21 - 40 of 56 Posts