Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are times when you realize how close to death you just came. The wife and I were southbound on a state
2 lane when we met a 10 wheel dump truck. His load was piled way above the sideboards of the truck bed. When we we were almost even the rocks started falling off the truck. I got my right arm up. It hit my army, grazed my
head and shoulder and stopped in the back of the Yukon.
Trip to the ER, X-rays didn't show any breaks so I was lucky on that.
I've been wearing a heart monitor for the last two weeks. This causeed more concern to the ER staff than my arm, 2 ekg tests before I was released.
The luckiest part of all was my wife didn't get a scratch. I had them save my 9# rock, think I'll save it. Here are a
couple of pics of the Rock and my Yukon. Almost forgot, the dump truck driver never slowed down after scattering rocks for a hundred yards down the highway.
Cliff image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Driver most likely wasn't aware of the falling cargo. Having driven for most of my adult life in big trucks, you cannot be 100% everywhere all the time. least it didn't kill you. Be thankful for that. Insurance will cover the physical damage to your vehicle and hopefully you have hospitalization to cover your injuries. Poop happens on the road every day and on the sidewalks of Frisco too.

·
Registered
16,926 Posts
Main thing is that you and wife are OK. Does not surprize me about driver as they are not very attentive and absolutely no courtesy on road. That is big rock and as you stated could have ended it all very easily.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Glad to hear y'all are ok....The good Lord was watching out for you both.

He's spared my life many times. And I'm thankful.

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
God was guiding that rock between the 2 of you, for sure. Glad all that's whacked is your windshield! That's replaceable!

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
1,650 Posts
When I was working as a consultant with lots of travel, my wife often went with me on trips. One day, I had to go to a meeting and then travel around the area looking at potential sites. My wife wanted to go with me and got dressed. At the last minute, she decided to stay at the hotel and read a book beside the pool.

I was driving on the freeway and going under an overpass when a large rock came through the windshield and hit the passenger seat. I am sure glad my wife backed out at the last minute.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Glad to hear that nothing horrible happened to you or your wife, other than the shock of what happened, knowing it could have killed either of you. Yes we DO have guardian angels! Mine has worked overtime for me for most of my life.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
So you were riding shotgun and your wife was driving?
Good thing it came through your side of the windshield.
Having that happen to the person driving would very likely have caused most people to put it in the ditch.

And based on the title I was half expecting this to be a thread that started with "I ran into Dwayne Johnson the other day...." :D

Reactions: Cliff and Curt360
1 - 20 of 21 Posts