Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an M&P 2.0 9mm full size with a 5 inch barrel - the question I have is what are the tolerances between the slide groves and the front slide stop rails on the frame. Mine seems loose and rattles side to side when you shake it, you can move the slide side to side. The inside of my slide rail groves measure
.914 and the outside of my frames metal slid rail measures .893, that is a difference of .021. The barrel fits very tight in the slide so that's perfect.
I was wondering if anyone out there has any answers or owners of this model M&P have the same fit and is this normal, or do I have one with max tolerances slop between the slide and frame rails?

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
I would not describe my M&P pistols' slide fit as precision (as you'd find in a CZ75 or a P210) but it's not particularly sloppy either.

I have not seen a specification for the range of this.

They are probably designed loose enough to not require much hand work during factory assembly.

AGI has a shop manual available, but I have not seen it and don't know if specs are in there. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1014215322

1 - 2 of 2 Posts