Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
with all the ammo stuff going on - havent had time to get any of my regular shooting shelf refreshed. Saw these guys in another thread, so i pulled them up online and saw they had wadcutters available. guess ill try their 250 pack and see how they run..

the 38 Masterpiece will let me know what it thinks ..

Premium Member
Beautiful .38. Anxious to hear about that ammo. I currently buy my ammo from my gun range. I pay $15 a box for it and I like it very much. I haven't been to the range in over six months so don't know if they have the same supplier. Always looking for different sources for my wadcutters.

Reactions: jeepnut

Registered
Beautiful .38. Anxious to hear about that ammo. I currently buy my ammo from my gun range. I pay $15 a box for it and I like it very much. I haven't been to the range in over six months so don't know if they have the same supplier. Always looking for different sources for my wadcutters.

So which of those reloads works better?

Premium Member
So which of those reloads works better?
I like the 3.0TG. But they both work fine. When I shot my 65-8 for the first time last Sep I was happy with the results.

My first time shooting this weapon, 7 yards, 12 rounds. 4 went through essentially the same hole. I haven't shot that well since I was in the service.

Registered
I ask because I have Titegroup and Hornady swaged HBWCs and trying to find something that works well

Premium Member
I ask because I have Titegroup and Hornady swaged HBWCs and trying to find something that works well
Titegroup is the only reload I have used so nothing to compare with it except fresh ammo.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

Registered
I use the tightgroup for the 38 special as it is more accurate than the others I have tried (Universal and BC-38). I have used Universal with 148 gr plated wadcutter successfully in 357 mag and is very accurate at 80 yards. The 3.0 grains titegroup seems like my 38 Masterpiece.

Reactions: Abby'sDad
1 - 11 of 11 Posts