Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Re: Massachusetts turkey hunter calls in, attacked by bobcat

I know the guy gut cut up a little but and not to make light of that but that is funny. I can picture him getting ready to shoot a turkey and suddenly a ball of fur with claws is on him.Might give some people a heart attack.

·
Super Moderator
8,997 Posts

One time I called in a Red Fox he came to about 3 yards from me before he scented me.

·
Registered
95 Posts

The same thing "ALMOST" happened to me several years ago. I was hunting turkeys in the Cherokee National Forest just south of the Smokies National Park. Was sitting at the base of a large oak working a Tom turkey on the same ridge when I noticed a slight movement to my extreme left...............it was a Bobcat slowing moving in on me (ie.. the turkey I sounded like). He got to about 6 feet of me when I slightly shifted my shotgun towards him. At that point the cat "turned himself inside-out" getting out of there and I came close to peeing in my pants!!!! :shock:

Don

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not all that uncommon. A friend of mine was attacked by a bobcat about 5 years ago while calling. IIRC,he required about a dozen stitches as a result of the encounter. His brother,who was hunting along with him,said you could have heard the scream (his,not the cat) in the next county. :mrgreen:
f.t.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Well, if I was a Bobcat I'd be pissed off too. Imagine your embarrassment if you were fooled by some ugly ape into believing it (the ape) was lunch. It's not nice to fool Mother Nature, or Bobcats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts