Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
All I know is, My MIL tested positive for the corono two weeks ago in the nursing home...
Where all the residents are required to wear masks as well as the staff.
No visitation from anyone, period.
A month ago two members of the staff tested positive...
Two-three weeks later, nineteen residents tested positive for the virus.

Wife talked with her mother via telephone yesterday, she said she felt fine....To be 86 years old.

Cloth Masks are just a bit less than nothing. I've been trained to enter maz-mat meth labs where a feller can encounter stuff that will kill you
grave yard dead the same day.
An N-95 respirator is the ticket to protect one's self...Or an air-pack

Did you ask if it had been sanitized? Buying food in such a public place...maybe you have an unconscious death wish?
WTH.....
I'm purty sure the twenty dollar bill had not been sterilized,
nor the bills and silver she returned as change....I would guess that the drink cup or paper bag was sanitized neither.

No death wish....But, I will leave this ol' world when The Master Calleth.
Something has been trying to kill me ever since I came into this world.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
208 Posts
The spiel about "...for the common good..." seems to go out the window when I've pointed out that sign language interpreters don't have to wear them. Sorry if that's inconvenient for the hearing impaired, but they need to wear them, too, "for the common good." And they aren't the only ones who'll be exempt.

Either ALL people need to wear them or it's optional for everybody.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The spiel about "...for the common good..." seems to go out the window when I've pointed out that sign language interpreters don't have to wear them. Sorry if that's inconvenient for the hearing impaired, but they need to wear them, too, "for the common good." And they aren't the only ones who'll be exempt.

Either ALL people need to wear them or it's optional for everybody.
You bet man. Make people with asthma and COPD wear them too - even if it means they can't breathe. Lets put them on infants too! No exceptions.
Absolutes are for children. Only children scream "It's not FAIR, how come HE doesn't have to wear one!" News flash: there is an exception to every rule, and life ain't always "fair".
FWIW, not being able to read the lips of the ONE person who is translating is more than an "inconvenience" for the deaf. Do you have any empathy at all?

Reactions: Verminator

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
How's this for pompous, hypocritical, self-righteousness? Count up how many times this "good Christian" has tossed out words like "ignorant, stupid, bigot," or used "balls, stones, macho" in describing someone who disagrees with him? But he "doesn't call anyone names"! Here's another well-earned name to add to the list: HYPOCRITE.

And PLEASE stop trying to "help me"!
And here we go again.
Can't argue logic, can't refute the logical argument about surgical masks in the operating room and how the same scientific medical principles apply in this case.
So since you can't discredit the message you go back to attacking the messenger! Get over your butthurt and stop trying to make it about me.
Present a logical coherent argument - if you can.
You know that going after the messenger is a favorite tactic of the left, don't you? And it always involves name calling. You sure about which team you're really on? 'Cause you're sure sounding like a liberal who's loosing a debate with a conservative.
Wanna talk hypocrisy? How's this.
We have people screaming "Antifa and the protesters and rioters are being irresponsible and stupid by gathering in the thousands without social distancing or masks - so they are spreading disease! And the MSM won't even call them out on it!"
I know, let's all of us do the same thing but we'll wrap it up in some virtue signaling message about opposing tyranny! Yeah, that's the ticket! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The anti mask folks are fixin' to eat crow.

All you have to do is watch the news to know that masks are necessary........the National disaster is happening in front of your face.

All due to people failing to be good citizens and wear masks.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

All you have to do is watch the news to know that masks are necessary........the National disaster is happening in front of your face.

Nutts, which fake news outlet would be pouring the kool-aid???

Sorry, I don't see it sparky :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

Happening today in front of your face.

Denial won't help.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
"Happening today in front of your face.
Denial won't help."

My sky is not falling....Sorry

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

Why is it that when our President's appointed head of the COVID task force, Jeff Pence, says "Wear a mask" that carries no weight with you "resist" types?
Are you all about resisting the President and the people he's put in charge? I thought you supported the President and his efforts at beating this thing down?
We're not talking about Joe Biden here, we're talking about OUR Vice President! With the blessing and support of the President himself. Doesn't that make any difference?
Or are you just so stuck in your stubborn opinion that facts, or medical science, or even the President's appointed representative's words can't change you mind?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Why is it that when our President's appointed head of the COVID task force, Jeff Pence, says "Wear a mask" that carries no weight with you "resist" types?
Are you all about resisting the President and the people he's put in charge? I thought you supported the President and his efforts at beating this thing down?
We're not talking about Joe Biden here, we're talking about OUR Vice President! With the blessing and support of the President himself. Doesn't that make any difference?
Or are you just so stuck in your stubborn opinion that facts, or medical science, or even the President's appointed representative's words can't change you mind?
The anti mask folks have staked out a position that has now been clearly shown to be absolutely wrong--proven wrong by many legit sources...........

So, they're just trying to save face by blustering nonsense.

It's not pretty to watch.......but it's pretty funny.

:D

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Valid point. The other side of that coin is, if Sleepy Joe gets elected YOU WILL WEAR A MASK, NO CHOICE because Biden has already said he'd mandate a law requiring masks to be worn

All of you 'dorks' for the lack of a better term are playing into Biden's hand and he will stick you where the sun don't shine.

No mask hysteria in our home, never has been. We wear them, and practice social distancing, all things set down by experts that know way better than I do.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
BC38
"Why is it that when our President's appointed head of the COVID task force, Jeff Pence, says "Wear a mask" that carries no weight with you "resist" types?
Or are you just so stuck in your stubborn opinion that facts, or medical science, or even the President's appointed representatives words can't change you mind?"

I'm truly disturbed by your comments in total....
Jest who are you carrying water for???

I believe in social distancing and good total hygiene.
A cloth mask is a 'feel good thing' . If I need protection, I don a N-95.
My sky is not falling....Although it sounds (reads) like some of y'all are bordering on the brink.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
BC38
"Why is it that when our President's appointed head of the COVID task force, Jeff Pence, says "Wear a mask" that carries no weight with you "resist" types?
Or are you just so stuck in your stubborn opinion that facts, or medical science, or even the President's appointed representatives words can't change you mind?"

I'm truly disturbed by your comments in total....
Jest who are you carrying water for???

I believe in social distancing and good total hygiene.
A cloth mask is a 'feel good thing' . If I need protection, I don a N-95.
My sky is not falling....Although it sounds (reads) like some of y'all are bordering on brink.

Why don't you get it that wearing the mask isn't about protecting you? Did you read my explanation about surgical masks in the operating room? Did you not understand some part of it?
If you STILL think wearing the mask is to protect YOU, and that is why you wear it, then yeah, it is a feel good thing. At least mostly - though it stops more airbonren particles than having no mask.
If you have the understanding of how and why it protects OTHERS then you understand why it isn't about "feel good".
Tell you what, next time you have surgery, insist that the surgical team NOT wear masks to maintain the sterility of the operating room - because you are politically opposed to masks.
Be sure to waive your right to sue for medical malpractice while you're at it.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Does Trump wear a mask?
I answered that one about three pages ago. Trump and everyone around him is being tested EVERY DAY. He pretty much KNOWS that he and the people around him don't have it so he has a high degree of confidence he isn't being exposed.
You and I and the other 330 million people in the country can't all be tested every day. If we could we could isolate everyone who has the virus and we'd beat this thing in about a month. Unlike the President, we have no idea how many or who of the people around us have it and are exposing others to it.
Unfortunately, testing everyone every day is just not possible. However, everyone covering their nose and mouth with something that will trap the vast majority of what they exhale IS something we can do. Something very simple - or it would be if we weren't such a nation of irresponsible children. Again, look at how quickly Japan and S. Korea got the virus under control. The one significant thing they did differently is EVERYONE started wearing a mask. Hell, they still ARE. Are they any less "free" because of it? Hell no! The more they get the virus under control the free-er they get. We'd be wise to see that and follow suit instead of creating a second wave for ourselves.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
BC38
Quote "because you are politically opposed to masks."

I'm not politically opposed to masks....Just the nut jobs that can't mind their own business.

Mr. BC 38,
By reading your post, I can't put much credence in your opinions at all.
But, on the brighter side....You are the first to make my ignore list.
I don't champion radicals. So, I bid you farewell and good luck in your campaign for masks for all.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
BC38
Quote "because you are politically opposed to masks."

I'm not politically opposed to masks....Just the nut jobs that can't mind their own business.

Mr. BC 38,
By reading your post, I can't put much credence in your opinions at all.
But, on the brighter side....You are the first to make my ignore list.
I don't champion radicals. So, I bid you farewell and good luck in your campaign for masks for all.

I did that a few days ago; amazing how nice the treads are now.............

61 - 80 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.