Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Bible-thumper and Chicken Little are innocuous compared to "stupid" & "ignorant," names you've used many times, & falsely claiming they referred only to "ideas" is too ludicrous for anyone with an IQ above 75 to believe. Yet more hypocrisy, at which Bible-thumpers always excell.
C'mon, put your money where your mouth is.
QUOTE THE POST WHERE I SAID YOU WERE STUPID.
You do know how to do that right?
Otherwise your accusations are just more baseless drivel.
Calling ideas stupid or saying that someone said something stupid and actually calling someone stupid are two different things. Maybe a fine distinction, but one I think you are smart enough to understand. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Calling ideas stupid or saying that someone said something stupid and actually calling someone stupid are two different things. Maybe a fine distinction, but one I think you are smart enough to understand. Maybe.
It's a meaningless distinction used by sophists to avoid responsibility for that which is clearly insinuated. I think you are smart enough to understand. Maybe

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
It's a meaningless distinction used by sophists to avoid responsibility for that which is clearly insinuated. I think you are smart enough to understand. Maybe
Not at all. I can recognize that I have said or done something stupid - and even point it out - without believing myself to actually be stupid.
Likewise I can say that you said or did something stupid without believing you are actually stupid.
That may or may not necessarily reflect my thinking at the time, but it is certainly possible.
BTW, nice use of a big intellectual word. Sophists - I'm impressed.
I generally prefer to use common vernacular for clarity myself.
Cute tit-for-tat too. Though not very original. On the other hand you did manage a post without name calling, OR saying something racist, so there is that.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
\
That may or may not necessarily reflect my thinking at the time, but it is certainly possible.
BTW, nice use of a big intellectual word. Sophists - I'm impressed.
I generally prefer to use common vernacular for clarity myself.
"Certainly possible"!!! Well, I guess!

Anyway, I'm open, in the interest of "clarity," for a suggestion of some "common vernacular" term to describe your gross intellectual dishonesty. Would "deceitfulness" be more to your liking? Or how about "disingenuousness," though that sounds like another "big intellectual word" you might find disagreeable. But, as an expert on the "common vernacular," you tell me what best describes your evasion.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
"Certainly possible"!!! Well, I guess!

Anyway, I'm open, in the interest of "clarity," for a suggestion of some "common vernacular" term to describe your gross intellectual dishonesty. Would "deceitfulness" be more to your liking? Or how about "disingenuousness," though that sounds like another "big intellectual word" you might find disagreeable. But, as an expert on the "common vernacular," you tell me what best describes your evasion.
You still haven't posted an example of me calling you names.
Though you continue to bloviate about it (how ya like that word?).
Obviously you can't post examples of something that didn't happen.
There is no duplicity (another $64 dollar word for you), deceit or dishonesty in anything I've said.
I'm pretty plain spoken. As I said, I prefer to use simple ordinary language (common vernacular in case you didn't get my meaning) to make my point crystal clear to any and all readers.
I have no need to try to show off my command of vocabulary, in an attempt to seem intellectual, though I certainly could if I wanted to.
I would rather let the logic of my arguments speak for themselves. Logic you have been unable to refute. Hence your resorting to name calling.
I also understand and follow the rules. Unlike some people.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Impossible--as checking back on your diatribes, I see you've EDITED them! But here's one you missed:

"YOUR" ? Who would that be referring to?
You. YOUR ignorance. Maybe you need to look up the word ignorant - since you seem to be ignorant of its meaning. I'll save you the trouble. It means "lacking knowledge" so saying "your ignorance" is equivalent to saying "your lack of knowledge". That is not name calling. It is saying you lack knowledge. Which you do.
Now, saying someone is an ignoramus, THAT would be name-calling.
But I never said that.
The only editing I have done is to go back and ADD a thought to a post - and those edits are done pretty much immediately. Just like I posted and then added these last two sentences just now.
You only think I have made edits because when you went back looking you couldn't find what you thought you read (actually MISREAD) the first time. As I said, I am very careful to stay within the rules. BTW, I can't edit anything of mine you've quoted in one of your posts.
So find somewhere you've quoted me where I called you a name.
P.S. - another edit to add a couple of more definitions. As I have been using these words, here is their meaning.
Stupid means lacking the intellectual capacity to understand
Ignorant means lacking knowledge
Foolish means having both the knowledge (facts) and intellect to understand, but still coming to a nonsensical conclusion or making a nosensical decision.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You. YOUR ignorance. Maybe you need to look up the word ignorant - since you seem to be ignorant of its meaning. I'll save you the trouble. It means "lacking knowledge" so saying "your ignorance" is equivalent to saying "your lack of knowledge". That is not name calling.
Of course it is, by clear & unmistakeable implication. Which is exactly what makes you a master of sophistry--saying indirectly, that is, deceitfully, something that might otherwise be a technical violation of the "rules." Why don't you have the stones to say what you obviously mean, rather than play with words?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
You. YOUR ignorance. Maybe you need to look up the word ignorant - since you seem to be ignorant of its meaning. I'll save you the trouble. It means "lacking knowledge" so saying "your ignorance" is equivalent to saying "your lack of knowledge". That is not name calling. It is saying you lack knowledge. Which you do.
Now, saying someone is an ignoramus, THAT is name-calling.
But I never said that.
Of course it is, by clear & unmistakeable implication. Which is exactly what makes you a master of sophistry--saying indirectly, that is, deceitfully, something that might otherwise be a technical violation of the "rules." Why don't you have the stones to say what you obviously mean, rather than play with words?
Really frustrates you to spar with someone who has enough the self control to play by the rules and still win doesn't it? I only have control over what I say and what I write. I can't control your interpretation of any implications of what I say.
Though there is that old saying about "if the shoe fits..."

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Really frustrates you to spar with someone who has enough the self control to play by the rules and still win doesn't it?
Win? What? Whose mind (that didn't already share your fanaticism) have you changed by "self control"?

Really frustrates you, I see, to spar with someone who won't buckle under to your tireless proselytizing.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Oh yeah, I sound really frustrated as I present logical arguments and refute your nonsense instead of calling names as you have done and are doing.

OK, then back to logical arguments. You never answered this one (just one of many)
So riddle me this one you big macho mountain man.

Everyone in an operating room wears a mask. The surgeons, the nurses, the anesthesiologist, EVERYONE.This has been standard practice for 100 years or so.
Are they wearing masks mainly to protect themselves from the patient, or to protect the patient from the germs and viruses that they exhale in their breath?

The primary reason is to protect the PATIENT and prevent germs and viruses getting breathed onto their open incisions and causing INFECTIONS. Now in the modern era the medical team has a secondary goal of protecting themselves from things like AIDS, but masks to keep the operating room sterile was already standard practice 50 years before anyone ever heard of AIDS. The PRIMARY reason is and always has been to keep things sterile and prevent infecting the patient. Ask any one on any surgical team.

So masks DO protect others from infectious particles people spread when they exhale. This is common knowledge and proven scientific medical fact. So how is the spread of this virus any different? Since a person can have the virus without even knowing it or even having any symptoms why is a mask NOT the most logical way to prevent them spreading it? Making a decision on wearing a mask on that basis certainly makes a hell of a lot more sense than making the decision on the basis of doing the opposite of whatever Sleepy Joe does.

Here in Spokane Washington we never had nearly the problem they had in Seattle, and our infection rate peaked over a month ago. So 3 weeks ago we started opening up and went to phase 2. Bars, and restaurants and other public gathering places started opening up with reduced capacity. So irresponsible people ignored the rules laid down for opening things up, and they acted like it was all over. They stopped doing all the things that got the infection rate under control in the first place - masks, distancing, avoiding crowds. Guess what happened? The number of hospitalizations (a.k.a. cases of serious illness) in Spokane county DOUBLED as of last week. Two weeks after we went to phase 2, and after it had been declining steadily for over a month, it SUDDENLY doubled.

But I'm sure that is just coincidence, and has nothing to do with the two week incubation period for the virus infections to become serious illness. The really bad news is that it was such an alarming coincidence that the governor using, his pubic-health-emergency powers, declared that masks are now mandatory. If we want to put an end to these emergency powers that liberal governors have taken upon themselves, the best way to do it is to get this damned thing under control. Following proven medical practices is going to be a lot more effective means of doing that than making the whole thing into a political football.

If you can't see that, then maybe you aren't as smart as I have given you credit for being and trying to help you see logic really is pointless. But hopefully some of the other people reading what we have both posted can put politics aside in terms of deciding what they will do and make a decision based on medical knowledge instead of on what Sleepy Joe Biden does - or doesn't do.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If you can't see that, then maybe you aren't as smart as I have given you credit for being and trying to help you see logic really is pointless.
How's this for pompous, hypocritical, self-righteousness? Count up how many times this "good Christian" has tossed out words like "ignorant, stupid, bigot," or used "balls, stones, macho" in describing someone who disagrees with him? But he "doesn't call anyone names"! Here's another well-earned name to add to the list: HYPOCRITE.

And PLEASE stop trying to "help me"!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Ran by the local burger joint yesterday evening, placed my order at the speaker....
Pulled up to the window, gave the mask'd & gloved young lady a twenty, she gave me my change
with her gloved hand....Then adjusted her mask and handed me my drink with the same gloved hand, then handed me my sack with the burger in it.

A lot of hand to mask contact going on these days.
Kinda like hand to mouth, hand to face, hand to eyes & nose...

The hands must be the common factor in some of this...Wash yur hands !!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Ran by the local burger joint yesterday evening, placed my order at the speaker....
Pulled up to the window, gave the mask'd & gloved young lady a twenty, she gave me my change
with her gloved hand....
Did you ask if it had been sanitized? Buying food in such a public place...maybe you have an unconscious death wish?

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
What Keith44Spl points out is quite true. And I would not be surprised to see yet another medical reversal.

Let's see what the Surgeon General told us March 2020.

------
"You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a health care provider," Adams said during an interview on Fox & Friends on Monday morning. "Folks who don't know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus," Adams said.
----------

So now Fauci and crew says they just didn't want the public buying effective masks because they wanted them for themselves. Go buy a bandana. Have a good day. Where is the dire warning: "You can increase your risk of infection by wearing a [crap cloth mask] if you are not a health care provider" ???

These manipulative bastards first told you that wearing an effective mask could increase your risk so that they could corral N95 supply. Now they say you should wear a crap cloth mask for the same reason, and keep you pacified.

I would not be surprised if evidence piles up that wearing cloth masks, which does little to protect the wearer but promotes touching the face, comes back around to the Surgeon General's original assertion, and/or other possible health risks from the general public wearing cloth masks all day. And what are the consequences of false confidence wearing a mask? People going out in public and exposing themselves more than they otherwise might because they feel they're safe wearing a cloth mask?

Seems to me it's a more complicated issue than.... cloth mask = good.

Gentlemen, use your own judgment.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What Keith44Spl points out is quite true. And I would not be surprised to see yet another medical reversal.

Let's see what the Surgeon General told us March 2020.

------
"You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a health care provider," Adams said during an interview on Fox & Friends on Monday morning. "Folks who don't know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus," Adams said.
----------

So now Fauci and crew says they just didn't want the public buying effective masks because they wanted them for themselves. Go buy a bandana. Have a good day. Where is the dire warning: "You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a [crap cloth mask] if you are not a health care provider" ???

These manipulative bastards first told you that wearing an effective mask could increase your risk so that they could corral N95 supply. Now they tell you should wear a crap cloth mask for the same reason, to keep you dumb and pacified.

I would not be surprised if evidence piles up that wearing cloth masks, which does little to protect the wearer but promotes touching the face, comes back around to the Surgeon General's original assertion, and or other possible health associated risks from the general public wearing cloth masks all day.

Gentlemen, use your own judgment.
LOL! You're gonna have to eat crow.

You are beginning to get an inkling of that by now, right?

41 - 60 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.