Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting both of these on a regular basis. It's just a matter of holding the red dot over the bullseye! The top one is a Marvel Unit#1 steel slide lock-back with a Vortex Venom 3moa reflex red dot mounted on a 2014 Colt Combat Elite XSE lower. Grips are RoCo "The Master". The bottom is a older Marvel Unit#1 aluminum slide non lock-back with a older 1" Ultradot 4moa red dot mounted on a worked over Norinco M1911-A1 lower. Grips are also by RoCo. It's fun shooting these.

IMG_2394.JPG IMG_2384.JPG

·
Registered
718 Posts
I had the older unit most accurate 22 handgun I ever owned that includes comparing it to 41s and High Standards
They should be, considering the cost--equal to a Mark IV Ruger, & other quality .22 pistols. What I'd like to find is a conversion unit similar to Colt's, but without that troublesome "floating chamber," which causes my Gold Cup to misfire almost every other round, regardless of how well it's cleaned & lubed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
To get the .22LR accuracy unfortunately you need to spend money. The cheaper 1911 .22 Conversions (GSG, Kimber, Ciener) are only in the plinker catagory as far as bullseye quality accuracy is concerned and all do not have floating chambers. Marvel Precision has a cheaper alternative to the Marvel Unit#1's. They have a Unit#2 that can be ordered in a couple of different configurations. No floating chamber, locks back on the last round and very accurate. This one is mine that I purchased last summer. It's no slouch in the accuracy department and since this pic was taken (shortly after purchase) I've managed to tighten up the group size somewhat by experimenting with different brands of ammunition. Mine shoots most accurately with SK Pistol Match. It's also flawless in function and can be tuned for standard or high velocity ammunition with the change of recoil springs.

IMG_2214.jpg

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Marvel .22 LR 1911 conversion is outstanding. One of the best purchases I ever made. Use mine w/ a RIA 1911-A1. Simply excellent. Sincerely. bruce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts