Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of Winchester's leverguns out there...and they are fine rifles. So they deserve their own thread ;)

Wonder how many different varieties of Marlin leverguns we can come up with here at this forum? It's pretty incredible the number of calibers and configurations that Marlin put out over the years. Bet there is even a rare bird or two kicking around this forum...

Anyrate, I'll put one up to get things started.

Marlin Golden 39A .22 cal
This one is a S-Prefix and dates to 1959

giz

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
A 1982 vintage 1894C in 357 Magnum.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Pair of 1893 .30-30s - a saddle ring carbine and a deluxe take-down rifle with pistol grip, fancy wood, and half-octagon barrel. Both belonged to my grandad, but the SRC is the one that carries the JuJu and the interesting stories....dropped it's hammer or more stuff than I care to mention. ;)

xtm

·
Registered
19,915 Posts
Hey Giz! When are you going to post some pictures of your whole place???? So far, we've seen the patio blocks, the front stairs, and I think you posted a barn, at one time. If you are as passionate about your house, as you are about guns.......your place is probably a "knock-out". ;) You told me once, that you specialize in elevations......does that mean "stairs are your thing"? :lol: Bob

·
Registered
898 Posts
My 1965 Mountie....it's about as mint as you can get for a 44 year old gun....

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Here's a tough one to find.... I've put the photo up before.... a "Marauder" .35 with one of it's stablemates, a .44 Winchester "Trapper"....

I work the Marauder every fall.... it's laid low many a Whitetail.... (not one of my better snapshots, but at least it's never been up before.... :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Marlins? Did someone say Marlin Leverguns? Geez, I love Marlins!

The first gun I ever bought, my Marlin 1894 .357 that my dad cut the barrel down to 16" for me. I refinished the stock to a satin oil finish. My dad cut all my short barreled Marlins down with a hacksaw and recrowned the muzzles inside and out with hand files:

My Marlin 1894 .44 Magnum Custom with a 16" barrel, John Wayne big loop lever, saddle ring, action job, wood that I refinished to an oil finish, engraved by Michael Gouse with a LeverGunleather buttstock cover tooled with a Mountain Lion:

My daughter, Lightning Lauren, shooting my Marlin 39M .22:

My .35 Remington Model 336 Scout rifle with a 16" barrel and LeverGunleather buttstock cover:

1894 .44-40 made in 1906:

1895 .45-70:

1894 Octagon .44 Magnum made only in 1973 (thousands of rounds through it since I use it for CAS):

Model 36 .30-30 that my dad bought at a gun show. He said, "I saw this flat bolt Marlin .30-30 for just $200. It was too nice of a gun for too cheap of a price so I had to buy it. I already have a couple .30-30's so I'm giving it to you."

I love Marlins!

-Steve

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Here's another 39A - probably very close in number to Giz's 1959 Model:

Don't you think all Marlins look better with the white spacers removed? I took those things off of it decades ago.

My spinster aunt bought it ~1960 at the hardware store in Eclectic, Alabama - for me to shoot at her place. It stood in the closet there for years - waiting for me to come by for a visit and shoot it - so it didn't get shot but 4 or 5 times a year for the longest time.

It's a .22, so Mrs. xtm pretty much claims it as hers now.

xtm

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
XTM, you'll notice that none of my Marlins have white butt spacers anymore. When I refinish the stocks, I take 'em out!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
My 39A 1960 vintage. Someone prior to me did a nice wood inlay into the stock and the forearm has a round faux ivory inlay.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Drew Jr.'s buck from 2008.

Marlin EER in .356 WCF.

Drew, That rifle looks mighty small in his hands. Looks like he didn't need to shoot that deer, just run it down and tackle it!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts